Looking at cobra slash cuts with jet kit?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ndulucky13

Reaction score
So I did some searching and found a thread about power loss with the slash cuts but I couldn't figure out if I run them with the stage 7 jet kit I have if I'll be running to rich anyone with the cobras care to chime in?

I don't believe running anything but stock jetting with any muffler is recommended, only change the jetting if you do a full exhaust, the Max is jetted rich from the factory adding more gas without freeing up the exhaust isn't going to make your Max run better will only change the sound it makes.IMO

No jet kit at all with the Cobra's. Nothing you will do will regain any power with them.

Ok so I have the k&n individual filters on there now with the jet kit and my 2 brothers exhaust which is very free flowing so of I put cobras on it will run horrible I imagine to rich?

If the cobras are out anyone recommend a dual sided exhaust preferably chrome that would work with my existing jet kit? I like the stock muffler look but want to keep the jet kit.

What's the diffrence between the headers on there now and my straight through 2 brothers cans and headers from a full system are the routed differently ? Header pipe diameter larger ?

A FULL system replaces all the pipe work (which is the main problem). Slip-ons only don't do shit for power.

Sean

Headers,Headers,Headers I doesn`t matter if it is 4 into 1 or 2 into 2. You have the fuel and air with stage 7 but no way to make a vortex exhaust with stock pipes. Exhaust is just choking up in stock pipes. Headers give you 8 to 10 HP, stage 7 10 or so HP. If you put headers on your motor you will gain a instant 20 HP, do the math. Right now you are just running Rich.

Back