Looking for rough ram air side covers for experiment.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle Fester

Reaction score
I've tried eBay and a couple other different spots but I'm looking for those covers on the sides for the v boost that just cover up a little bit of electrical on the left and the rad. cap on the right. The two i have are in really good shape and I'd like to keep them that way in case I decide to take the fairing back off. As you all know I'm trying to mount a Vetter fairing on the bike and I'd like some rough ones to experiment on. if I'm going to cut anything up I'd like some in rough condition. If anyone has any for sale please let me know.

Where are you located?

I have one that is cracked, but I tack welded it and painted it. Looks pretty nice on my wall but if someone were to show up I might be able to take it off the nail. I'm really too lazy to send it.

If I were you I'd invest a coupled bucks in a can of resin and fiberglass and make a mold. Then use bondo for the part. That way you could make a few and not really trash anything.

There's a bunch of videos out there -

Are you talking about the scoops? I have a number of them that would be good for experiments with that I would sell cheap.

Yes the scoops.they don't have to be in good condition or even the same color. How could I go about buy them from you?

Making functional scoops has been done before.
You may wish to try from first principles but if you don't I can post a link which details what was done....and the results.

I'm not trying to make functional scoops I'm going to have to notch them in a certain spot to make clearance for the fairing I want to mount. I'm also going to have to notch the fairing to clearance for the radiator. I'll post pictures when I start.

Back