• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Fenders/airbox cover, front wheel, factory black scoops/side covers

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Looking for good/exc condition Gen 2 painted plastics, anything but blue, and preferably not gray but would purchase for the right price. Front wheel with no scuffs/road rash. Factory black scoops and side covers. Also interested in black frame covers (smaller round one and triangle one), black rear fender accents/covers, black radiator covers and black fork side covers. Fingers crossed 🤞. Looks like I missed out of some of these items in just the last couple months. ☹️

Last edited:
I am not sure what all I have of that but have some of it. Most of yours can be powdercoated though to save you cost of buying more of them.

I am not sure what all I have of that but have some of it. Most of yours can be powdercoated though to save you cost of buying more of them.
Yeah I was thinking of getting the scoops and side covers professionally powdercoated. Although I recently had a set of handlebars done locally and I think that set me back around $120+, so the 4 pieces wouldn't be cheap. Maybe 6 pieces if i do the fork covers. It also seemed to scratch pretty easily when I installed them. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to cure.

But please let me know if you have any of the items mentioned and would like to sell. Id really appreciate it. I'd kill for some red plastics, I'm going to attempt to wrap then myself because I was quoted between 600-750 from professional shops to do it. My front wheel looks like it scraped a curb pretty bad so I want to replace that. Didn't mention in the original post but my lower left fork is scraped pretty bad, too, so I'd like to get a new one of those as well.

Yeah I was thinking of getting the scoops and side covers professionally powdercoated. Although I recently had a set of handlebars done locally and I think that set me back around $120+, so the 4 pieces wouldn't be cheap. Maybe 6 pieces if i do the fork covers. It also seemed to scratch pretty easily when I installed them. Maybe I didn't give it enough time to cure.
I'd find a new place to get your stuff done as I typically pay that for a wheel that includes stripping and a 'two-stage' powdercoat with a color coat and a clear over the top of it. That's way too much for a pair of bars unless you had them done in a color they never shoot but if you had them done in a 'standard' black I would expect them to have been about $30-50 tops. And they definitely should not scratch easily and powder doesn't need any cure time once it's 'baked'...that's what cures it.

Back