Main jets

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadb1

Reaction score
I currently have a 96 with k+n air filter,stock exhaust,stage 1 needles with the short springs, 150 dynojet mains.I have the needles at the highest setting(leanest).Would this be an indication I need to go down one size on the mains and raise the needles or should I leave well enough alone?What would you do if this was your bike?Thanks for any advice,Chad :ummm:
________
trichomes pictures

Last edited:
I currently have a 96 with k+n air filter,stock exhaust,stage 1 needles with the short springs, 150 dynojet mains.I have the needles at the highest setting(leanest).Would this be an indication I need to go down one size on the mains and raise the needles or should I leave well enough alone?What would you do if this was your bike?Thanks for any advice,Chad :ummm:

Yes, if your needle clips are located on the top notch of the needle meaning the needle is the lowest point into the main jet than yes you are running to rich.
You want to have your clips set about the 3rd or 4th notch from the bottom. Basically your just compensating for the larger main jet with your current setting.
Check out JETSRUS.COM and see if you can get some 155DJ Main Jets.
Also if you have your stock springs tie the top 3 coils together and try that setup.

The biggest tuning with CV carbs are
1) Slide Spring Pressure.
2) Needle settings.
3) Main Jets

First tune your bike in for the main jet.
Put in a brand new set of plugs.
Start the bike up and take off winding her out the first 3 gears shifting 10K.
Pull the clutch in and kill the engine
Come to a stop.
Pull your spark plugs and read them.

Latest posts

Back