Master storyteller of the dystopian future, Philip K Dick

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Some good reading if you like science fiction:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/blade-runner/philip-k-dick-the-man-in-the-high-castle-movies/

I started reading his stories 50+ years ago from hand-me-down books given to me after they made their way through my father and three older brothers.

From the article:
f you’ve ever stared into the bottom of a glass and wondered if you’re experiencing divine revelation or just drunk, you’ll love Philip K Dick. The American sci-fi writer died in 1982 with little money or fame.

Four months later, his novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (1968) was released in cinemas as Blade Runner and his reputation was transformed. Numerous adaptations of his books followed, including Total Recall (1990), Minority Report (2002), the Adjustment Bureau (2011), and now The Man in the High Castle – a TV series produced by Amazon about life in an alternative universe where the Germans and Japanese won the war and occupied opposite coasts of the United States.We join the story in 1962 as the resistance is promoting a documentary film that shows the Allies winning the war.

Go to the article for more.

Back