Mirrors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tumminelli

Reaction score
Hi. New 2000 v max owner. My Vmax has ugly aftermarket mirrors on it. I’m looking for a set of originals. A couple of questions. Are the originals the same as any other Yamaha of that vintage and do they have YAMAHA stamped on th back of them? Does anyone have a nice set for sale? Can’t wait to get her back on the road. Paul.

Attachments

• IMG_3150.jpeg
    IMG_3150.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3151.jpeg
    IMG_3151.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 4
As far as I'm aware they are stock mirrors that are fitted to many different models. I don't remember the factory fitted one's on my 1st gen I bought new back in the 90s having yamaha stamped on them.

Hi. New 2000 v max owner. My Vmax has ugly aftermarket mirrors on it. I’m looking for a set of originals. A couple of questions. Are the originals the same as any other Yamaha of that vintage and do they have YAMAHA stamped on th back of them? Does anyone have a nice set for sale? Can’t wait to get her back on the road. Paul.
They're not stamped. I still have my factory mirrors boxed up in the garage for if I ever sell it so I can put it back to exact factory spec.

I didn't really like them because of where they're located. No matter how you adjust them, you wind up seeing more of your chest than you do the road behind you. I went with bar end mirrors and have loved them. I get a much broader view of what's actually behind me rather than my shoulders.

Good morning. The OEM mirrors do not have any logo or branding. Over the weekend I'll see if I happen to have some at home.

There are reproductions to the originals that DO have the Yamaha stamped in them. They are lighter weight and not quite as well made as the originals but look mostly the same.

There are reproductions to the originals that DO have the Yamaha stamped in them. They are lighter weight and not quite as well made as the originals but look mostly the same.
I’ve seen them. I guess I thought the originals had the stamp because I bought a pair of after market ones with no stamp. They do look nice so I guess I will just use them. Thanks for the info. Paul

Latest posts

Back