More Rhetoric

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gnappi

Reaction score
I guess I notice it more because I am getting noticed more?

There's a shop nearby where the people are pretty cool, they don't care WHAT you ride, as long AS you ride. Of course the shop people all ride HD's but NEVER a critical word comes from them about other brands.

One fairly OK guy looked at my bike and asked why I ride Jap bikes. I said I like anything on two wheels, but in Florida I can't see air cooling on any machine.

Once the subject was out there, I asked, "Why HD's?" He said... "TRADITION!"

Not trying to be rude I asked, "Then if tradition is so important, why not stick to kick starters, drum brakes, distributor/points, and spoke wheels?"

He said, "Dunno... well HD still makes spoke wheels"

I let it drop... sheesh :)

Gary

I'm surprised he didn't throw out the V-rod card on ya when you told him you had to have a water cooled bike!

I'm surprised he didn't throw out the V-rod card on ya when you told him you had to have a water cooled bike!

"THEY (HD Bigots) have no use for the Vrod either, that must be good because it's the ONLY HD I ever liked. It's water cooled, sit on the tank... Now if it weren't for the engine being a VT it would be a lot more like the Vmax than anything else on the road eh? Sayyy.... One wonders how / where they came up with such unique design ideas :)

Gary

"THEY (HD Bigots) have no use for the Vrod either, that must be good because it's the ONLY HD I ever liked. It's water cooled, sit on the tank... Now if it weren't for the engine being a VT it would be a lot more like the Vmax than anything else on the road eh? Sayyy.... One wonders how / where they came up with such unique design ideas :)

Gary
I know the motor was not designed by HD,but by Porsche in Germany.Some of the V-roder's I ride with didn't even know this.I can still see the expression on there face's change when they learned the truth. :tantrum:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back