motor

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

john rossignol

Reaction score
Has anybody taken the rear air baffle off ,that's clips to the valve cover, does it make any difference ???? It must be a stupid question

Last edited:
Hey John, if your referring to the wide flat piece of plastic that 1 and 3 plug wires route through, its nothing more than a heat shield. When I first got my bike and was just hoping to get it running, I got rid of all such factory items as this shield,that pesky air box, the spill protector around the gas fill neck, the factory formed and routed fuel lines etc. One by one they have made their way back, where they belong, for the reasons they were designed for. OEM fuel lines and filter holder,came today.
20190627_230202.jpg

You don't need to pay dealer prices for gas lines, only one I buy from a dealer is the T-shaped one. The 180 degree loop, I just use a longer length of reinforced tubing, long enough not to deform when you bend it, stuff I use is ~ twice+ factory length. There are multiple replacements cheaper than the factory filter, I like the Emgo sintered brass cleanable filter, or you can replace the element. Use a torch, carb cleaner & compressed air to clean it & return it to service. It fits well in the stock location.

You don't need to pay dealer prices for gas lines, only one I buy from a dealer is the T-shaped one. The 180 degree loop, I just use a longer length of reinforced tubing, long enough not to deform when you bend it, stuff I use is ~ twice+ factory length. There are multiple replacements cheaper than the factory filter, I like the Emgo sintered brass cleanable filter, or you can replace the element. Use a torch, carb cleaner & compressed air to clean it & return it to service. It fits well in the stock location.
Yes, I was using clear reinforced lines, but since seeing the untouched 85 I recently posted about I really liked how clean it was with all factory lines, clamps, and correctly routed wiring.
I have installed the lines I received Thursday and love the"Clean look" but I cant see through them
to verify fuel flow....
I however will order the Emgo brass filter, hopefully glass with the sintered brass element.

Back