My Install today...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief Gunner

Reaction score
I really loved the Solo rider look my bike had and I even thought about doing some of those Crazy Euro fender and frame "Sportie" mods to my bike but I also enjoyed the rides with my wife. through the mountains very much.

She's a petite little Fillipina and a few times on rides I actually felt her sliding off of the bike as I rolled on the throttle while merging onto the highway and she let me know that she was not too comfy back there after a few hours so I compromised and got her permission to spend some $ and get her a back rest. I just got to get over the selfishness and the way it looks but I also already know that its ok and it won't slow it down a bit :biglaugh:....Now i just need to get me another one (GEN II) for my solo rides.

I paid some good cash for it ($400+) on ebay (from UFO) but the finish and quality is exceptional,. It is one of those hard to find "Factory" items that the cheesy aftermarket stuff I looked at just could not compare to & I am very pleased with the ease of the install and the finshed look came out like.

I was impressed with the handwritten letter from Jon with his cell # in the package. Customer Service at it's best :)

Abackrest.jpg

I'm sure all you married guy's know & understand that if Momma is not Happy, nobody is :confused2:

I actually had to use an additional backrest pad to supplement the stock one to bring my wife a bit closer to me while riding 2 up because even with the stock backrest she felt as if she was too far away and was getting beat up by the wind. No biggie though, I just bungee cord it to the original backrest when she rides with me and remove it when I'm solo. Yes....anything to get my wife to ride with me and keep her happy!!! And yes...someone on this forum gave me that suggestion.

Latest posts

Back