• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

My old 85

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eugene Brad

Reaction score
The current owner of my old 85 is looking to sell. He contacted me and informed me that he was recently diagnosed with cancer and was trying to raise money. I told him I would spread the word on the forum as he is not on here.( I will try to get him to join). I also told him to get it on Craigslist so I could share the link.
He wants $2,200, which I informed him was quite a bit high since it has second gear issue. Very good example of an 85 and when I owned it I could shift out of second quick enough to not encounter the skip/slip feel of the engagement dawgs it would only occur at vboost.
The guys name is Dave I’ll ask him if I can post his number, otherwise I’m glad to play a little middle man if need be. I’m thinking he would at least consider a reasonable offer.

Attachments

• F3D7592E-63F1-440F-9E3C-07CB9B7B4A73.jpeg
    F3D7592E-63F1-440F-9E3C-07CB9B7B4A73.jpeg
    419 KB · Views: 148
  • 75D9572B-DD03-4C62-8B83-3AE089AB277E.jpeg
    75D9572B-DD03-4C62-8B83-3AE089AB277E.jpeg
    435.2 KB · Views: 45
Sorry to hear about his health issues.

The 1985 is a good one to have in a collection, if it rides OK and nothing else in the running gear needs addressing, $1500 or less is more like it for being in-need of a 2nd gear fix. The pics show what appears to be a decent condition runner. I know that some of the other long-term guys who buy & sell them wouldn't give even $1500 unless the bike had a few desirable extras. It does appear to be an unmolested example.

f3d7592e-63f1-440f-9e3c-07cb9b7b4a73-jpeg.68198

The current owner of my old 85 is looking to sell. He contacted me and informed me that he was recently diagnosed with cancer and was trying to raise money. I told him I would spread the word on the forum as he is not on here.( I will try to get him to join). I also told him to get it on Craigslist so I could share the link.
He wants $2,200, which I informed him was quite a bit high since it has second gear issue. Very good example of an 85 and when I owned it I could shift out of second quick enough to not encounter the skip/slip feel of the engagement dawgs it would only occur at vboost.
The guys name is Dave I’ll ask him if I can post his number, otherwise I’m glad to play a little middle man if need be. I’m thinking he would at least consider a reasonable offer.

If it's not available I have an 85 (mostly stock) here (and will have a second 85 ready too that's got a lot of "cruiser" customization parts on it). Email me at [email protected]

Back