need a 250/+ for wife

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacoviii

Reaction score
hi i live in kc mo and I'm looking for a 250 or so yamaha bike
it will be her first
shes 5'4" 120 lb so that is why i think a 250 would work for her

been a few of 250 and 500 ninja's on craiglsit here and a few other assorted 500, thats probably your best bet, craigslist

I've always liked the Virago 535 when it comes to small bikes.....If you can find one.....:confused2:

ya seen a few 535s on cl a time or two
will keep my eyes open for one tho

The Ninja 500 is a great bike. I bought one back in 87' when it was called the EX-500. Great bike. Light, nimble and easy to ride.

Not a Yam like you wanted, but a great bike nonetheless.

250's are very easy to outgrow, even for a girl.. She will want a 500 or bigger real fast.

Yep, when my wife and I came back to riding, after almost a 20-yr hiatus, she got a 250 Virago. Great little bike, but in 6 mos she was ready for something bigger. Got a 500 Kawasaki Vulcan EN500, and after about a year, that was too small also. She tried several bigger bikes, but didn't feel comfortable starting and stopping, because they were so heavy. Now she rides a GoldWing trike, and loves it! Just saying . . .
I think the 500 Vulcan would make a better starter bike than the 250.

Yep, when my wife and I came back to riding, after almost a 20-yr hiatus, she got a 250 Virago. Great little bike, but in 6 mos she was ready for something bigger. Got a 500 Kawasaki Vulcan EN500, and after about a year, that was too small also. She tried several bigger bikes, but didn't feel comfortable starting and stopping, because they were so heavy. Now she rides a GoldWing trike, and loves it! Just saying . . .
I think the 500 Vulcan would make a better starter bike than the 250.

see i thought that too 250 kinda small but i put her on a 250 and she liked it
put her on a c40 and a vulcan 500 and she said no to heavy

but a 250 that she likes is $1900 so if i sell it in a yr i will get some back and she will be comfortable is good in my book

Back