Need help?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bciuc

Reaction score
I've got a 95 vmax runnin like a dog, it has good fire on all plugs, is getting fuel at all plugs, 177 psi on all cylinders, although, when running misses badly, and you can hold your hand on front left ext. header, is there any way cpu bad causing it to fire at wrong time, and any way to check. Carbs recently gone thru, stage 1 kit, new plugs, wires, rest is stock. Any help would be appreciated, [email protected], thanks, Eric

I've got a 95 vmax runnin like a dog, it has good fire on all plugs, is getting fuel at all plugs, 177 psi on all cylinders, although, when running misses badly, and you can hold your hand on front left ext. header, is there any way cpu bad causing it to fire at wrong time, and any way to check. Carbs recently gone thru, stage 1 kit, new plugs, wires, rest is stock. Any help would be appreciated, [email protected], thanks, Eric

Not being there, I am going to place my bet you have a clogged jet either a PAJ or main, Perform the Peashooter carb method and let us know after,

Check your plugs and see what they look like. I would remove stage 1 needles and put stockers back in, especially with stock headers and mufflers. What's your current jetting? Use a multimeter and measure KOhms from spark plug boot to engine ground.

Thanks for the quick reply, i've done the peashooter method, took carbs off and thoroly cleaned, while there, installed stage 1 jets, stock needles with 1 shim, 3-3.5 turns out on mixture screws, i forgot to mention the stock exhaust is drilled out,/ fuel and fire on front left cylinder and can hold hand on exhaust header, while the other side is scorching hot. is there any way that cylinder could fire at the wrong time

Thanks for the quick reply, i've done the peashooter method, took carbs off and thoroly cleaned, while there, installed stage 1 jets, stock needles with 1 shim, 3-3.5 turns out on mixture screws, i forgot to mention the stock exhaust is drilled out,/ fuel and fire on front left cylinder and can hold hand on exhaust header, while the other side is scorching hot. is there any way that cylinder could fire at the wrong time

Hmm by any chance you didnt cross the 2 front plug wires?

i recently bought bike, although, when i replaced wires on front coils, the input for the wire into the coil was facing the corresponding cylinder, does this sound right?

i recently bought bike, although, when i replaced wires on front coils, the input for the wire into the coil was facing the corresponding cylinder, does this sound right?

For shits and giggle,,, swap the left front wire with the right front wire,.,, it will either fix your problem or make it worse...

if it gets worse put the wires back to where they were ...

Thanks, i'll try that tomorrow and post results, man this is a kick ass web site, glad i found it:punk::peace out bike:

Back