New Member and new Vmax owner

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bluevmax85

Reaction score
Hi all, I purchased my first Vmax about a month ago and was browsing around to get more info. This forum seemed to pop up alot in my searches so here I am.
My bike: Blue 85 Vmax with 27k miles. It has a couple of mods like Hindle pipe, carbs (I was told), and Corbin seat. Since I bought it I put new tires on, new plugs and a front brake light switch. Should be ready for Pa. inspection. I was a teen when these bikes came out and I vowed one day I would own one. Well, one popped up recently and I pulled the plug. I can say this thing exceeds my expectations as far as acceleration goes. After riding 500cc 2 strokes I didn't know if I would feel that rush on a street bike, well it's all smiles when I twist my wrist. I have a few questions regarding mods the previous owner had done. I'm sure theres enough knowledge here to answer my questions. Should I post those here or in another forum?20190415_165603.jpg 20190415_165633.jpg 20190415_165948.jpg

Hi all, I purchased my first Vmax about a month ago and was browsing around to get more info. This forum seemed to pop up alot in my searches so here I am.
My bike: Blue 85 Vmax with 27k miles. It has a couple of mods like Hindle pipe, carbs (I was told), and Corbin seat. Since I bought it I put new tires on, new plugs and a front brake light switch. Should be ready for Pa. inspection. I was a teen when these bikes came out and I vowed one day I would own one. Well, one popped up recently and I pulled the plug. I can say this thing exceeds my expectations as far as acceleration goes. After riding 500cc 2 strokes I didn't know if I would feel that rush on a street bike, well it's all smiles when I twist my wrist. I have a few questions regarding mods the previous owner had done. I'm sure theres enough knowledge here to answer my questions. Should I post those here or in another forum?View attachment 68887 View attachment 68888 View attachment 68889
Welcome, that's a nice bike. Have fun on it. Mine is a 2015. I love it.

Nice looking scooter.... From the pix there are a lot of mod's to it.... It's ok, that is the fun part of owning an older scooter. The previous owners get to dump $$ down the carb throats and you get the benefits....But, as a 27 year owner I can attest that Black is the best stealth color....

Back