NEW old carbs

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIGMO

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well an update to my carb situation. 1994 max stage 7, Full UFO 4-2 exhaust, vboost unplugged. As you know my problem is when u whack throttle engine dies out and at 2000-6000 rpms (trying to cruise at 40-60mph) the bike sputters and spits. Ive changed spark plugs , fuel filter.
I have done the Pea Shooter 4 times, 2 of those I am confident it was done correctly LOL. The bike actually runs better but still same problems as above just not as profound. SO I decided to buy all the orings and gaskets for the float bowl and the oring for the needle area. I got these from University motors as they were cheapest I could find ( 66$ ). I figured WTH I might as well take off carbs and do it right. I am going to follow the Clymer manual on carb cleaning ..... If any of you guys can add ideas on what to do since I have carbs out please let me know. I will be changing main jets to 152.5s per mark.
ALSo I bought a used set of Carbs from the VMOA board and should get them next week. These carbs dont have the stage 7 kit so I can rebuild em and have the option of going to stage 1, Since i still have original airbox. Unless you guys reccomend going a different direction. Since I have a Full header and exhaust do I have to goto stage 1 or can I use the stock needles and jets (that I assume are in the carbs I bought). any ideas suggestions would be appreciated.

I recommend taking a good look at the diaphrams.Cracked,torn,Maybe installed incorrectly?Hold them up to the light to see if any comes through.Carb and vboost boots cracked sucking air?I had a vboost boot that was cracked before and vey hard to see that screwed with me for a month or so before I found it.Mine was lean popping in the needle circut.

Latest posts

Back