No Boost!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bmannon said:
Spent another afternoon tinkering with the max and here is what I found....

1- The servo works if I apply 12 vdc to it, however when I checked the resistance on the potentiometer I found that it was correct unless it was all the way back to the stop, then it abruptly dropped to 0. I could adjust the stop somehow I suppose.

2- As far as I can tell the control module for the servo doesnt work. I couldnt find in the manual how to test and see if the module was getting control voltage to it however, so thats still up in the air.

3- My idle mixture screws were all at 1 turn, I turned them out to 2-1/2 and things seem better.

4- I hooked a wire tie to my butterfly valve and ran it behing the left scoop so that I can open the valves manually. Doing that makes a big difference in the sound of the idle, sounds like a small block with a monster cam with them open! I will have to wait for better weather to try it out. I will most likely repair the system though.

One turn on the idle screws!! Man someone was really jacking with that bike before you bought it that didn't take the time to learn about the bike!

Glad to see someone willing to jump in and figure things out along WITH the help of a manual!

Latest posts

Back