Non-factory options for fuel line T-hose

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Krohsis

Reaction score
I'm replacing all the fuel lines on the bike. I was going to order the circled piece, but they want 48.00 for it. Have any of you come up with a good option? Looking at brass t-fitting, but concerned it may be too large.

I figured someone may have come up with a good fix, and rather than me try to reinvent something, maybe I can get some ideas.

Attachments

• carb set 1.jpg
    carb set 1.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I suspect you could weld together something from steel brake line of an appropriate size and use rubber lengths to connect it to the carburetor gas spigots. Maybe a pressure-rated T-fitting, like those brass junction blocks, which are used in brake systems?

https://www.harborfreight.com/14-in...MIi_PlrZPjgwMVS6paBR1ozgLMEAQYAyABEgL-VvD_BwE
1705451000262.png1705451180661.png
Cut the double-male threaded pipe in-two. Insert them in the T-block on either side. Use this one below to give you a stub-out for the gas supply in.

1705451800951.png
1/4" MPT X 1/4" FPT

Short lengths of rubber hose, and spring clamps, not serrated hose clamps, which tend to cut the rubber.

A bit on the heavy side, but no welding needed.

Someone who's good silver-soldering could probably make an acceptable substitute for the OEM rubber T.

Last edited:
Krohsis The factory 'T' hose is very good quality. I cringed at the price , but bought it anyway. My logic is the same as Max M With this added, I can't see it under all that stuuff. if it starts leaking I probably won't know it until it is maybe a serious problem. fewer parts , fewer problems. I hope that helps. Cheers

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Sounds like noone has come up with a great option for the over priced factory fuel line. I ordered the fuel line T in the pic. IF it works I'll post a pic. If not, I'll bite the bullet and get the factory part. The dimensions of this T are going to be close, so we'll see. $6.25 was worth a try.

s-l960.jpg

I think this one off MaxMidnight's link is a good choice, 1/4"I.D. & plenty of clear gas line and the spring clamps which don't cut-into your gas line. Plus two filters. With shipping, $26.98 USA. Split it w/a friend: $13.49 apiece.

I might buy one of these to have on-hand as I try to get my excess stock back out on the road.

1705615408862.png

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1332921497...1291&msclkid=83f414666e64179c288271cff1f08cef

Just a follow-up. The T-fitting I bought will work. I ended up not changing out the factory t-hose as it was still supple, no cracks or signs internally or externally of rot. But if you need to change that hose, save your 40.00+, and use a 1/4 inch fuel T with 1/4 inch fuel line and you will be happy you did. Here is a pic of the fitting I used with a 6 inch steel rule for reference. You won't want to go much larger or fitment will become difficult. A.jpgB.jpgA.jpgB.jpg

Back