One Carb Acting Funny

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abbaisdad

Reaction score
First I would like to thank Sean (one2dmax) for putting up with my phone calls.THANKS BUD!!!!! 98 vmax 9000 miles on her but have to keep the inricher (choke) down about 1/8 to a 1/4 inch so it won't stall.Twist the throtle about to 2800 rpm and she starts to boug down (rpm's decrease slowly) and finally stall.Took off air cleaner sprayed carb cleaner into all 4 carbs and wella, the carb, as you are sitting on the bike , the left bottom one, reved up. The other three bouged down. I spayed carb cleaner around the out side of it but it made no differance. Think I should try starting fluid around the carb instead of carb cleaner? Don't want to mess up the bike. What do you guys suggest?

FRED

Please don't tell me that my max has a terminal illness!!!:sad2:
I s There A Doctor I n The House!!!:rip:
FRED

I wouldn't use carb cleaner like that, it can ruin slides and the rubber parts. Since you need choke to idle it sounds like your pilot fuel jet is plugged. The carbs are about 10 years old so probably time to go through them and check everything out.

Mark do you think the shotgun or peashooter would work? What is the difference between them.I've read about the shotgun but not the peashooter.

Back