Plug'n'Play HID Setup

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmnChode

Reaction score
I was able to pickup a plug'n'play 55W HID conversion setup fairly cheap after dropping a rather nice coupon at the local dealership. However, with all the talk, I am concerned whether the stock wiring harness will play nicely. With them both being 55W, should I have any issues if I install it now? Or, should I go ahead and get one of those relay kits and take straight off the battery?

And yes, I know it will work better with the relay kit; I just need to know if the stock harness will play....any help and/or insight would be appreciated....

The kits from Eager Beaver are a plug and play kit. In my opinion, if I was to buy mine again, I would get the fairing mount kit and then mount everything under the faux cover instead of trying to stuff the relays into the headlight.

Question I am asking though, is whether or not the stock wiring harness will handle the HID setup...I've eye balled the relay set, and may pick one up in the future, but do I need to get it now before I install the HID conversion...

Try to find a HID connector which will let you plug it directly on the H4 connector of the v-max.
If I knew about it earlier I will have done it that way.
Those are real plug and play and won't request any modification to your harness.
Unfortunately I don't remember where I saw that. :bang head:

That's exactly what I got...hehe. :punk:

Guess I should have updated that I got it installed....no pictures, yet, but I will post. As far as the light is concerned, me likey....me likey alot. Throws it out a little as the reflector isn't exactly made for it, but it does light up the road. It is one of the HID-lo, Halogen-Hi lamps, and the hi beam it about useless in comparison. Now I have to replace my aux lamps with LEDs, they look too yellow...hehehe:biglaugh:

nice stuff then, where did you get it and for how much ?
did you buy the connector separately ?

Same here, since I put a low beam HID (6k color I think), I don't need high beam anymore.
I even use it during the day, it makes the bike more noticeable.

Picked it up at a local dealer. They normally have it for $150, but I dropped a 40% off coupon on it and dropped it to $90....not quite as cheap as I have seen some go online for....but I had confirmation from the other riders that this was a decent set, as far as we can tell. And it was all a single, "pre-wired" setup...literally plug and play hehehe :biglaugh:

Back