Polished reserviors

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have some that are similiar to these and they look good on the bike. That being said, there are times of the day that they are blinding when the sun hits them right. It is not often, but when it happens, you wished you had something else for your reservoir covers.

Todd

Make sure you order new gaskets to go under them. I didn't and my old ones leaked bad. Put new ones on and problem solved. Also, make sure you clean the top of the reservoir itself really good so there's a nice seal with the new gasket.

Will do. I am looking for the entire setup though. I think I saw where someone took the reservoirs from a V-star or something(???)

my '04 came with those lids on my stock black reservoirs. i personally thought they looked sharp. tomaytoe tomahtoe. it's a matter of personal taste.

however, lemme ask you this: do you ever plan on on upgrading your clutch? how 'bout your brakes? the reason i ask, is because let's say you DD your clutch. I'll bet you that you'd be soon be looking into clutch master that would help your hands deal with the stronger pull. or let's say you opt for bolting on some R1 blue dot calipers. I'll bet that you'd be soon thereafter be wanting to change out the stock brake master's wooden feel.

good luck and happy modding.

I purchased Mark's (Maleko) '89. I believe he had the R1 upgrade for the brakes. Maybe I will buy them and see what I think but I think I would like the entire setup. However, bleeding the lines is NEVER fun.

hmmm. i took a look at your gallery pic to see if you had stock masters. I could be wrong, but i'm pretty sure R1 calipers are 4-pots. you have 6-pots, which heightens my concern that you don't have a stock brake master. this is beside the point because you have 6-pots, but usually guys will complement R1 calipers with a non-vmax master (meaning, those shiny ebay reservoir lids won't work). at any rate, are you sure you have a stock brake master? if the 6-pots are off of a yzf750 then, speaking from experience, you prolly do. however i can't be so sure if you have a stock master if those 6-pots are off of anything else.

Mark/s old bike is a '89 so he has the Tokico 6 pots ('98-'04 Hayabusa among others) and if I remember correctly he has stock m/c's. I have the polished caps on my stock masters and apart from the ocaisional glare from sunlight they look good to me.

Attachments

• Handlebars.jpg
    Handlebars.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 35
i put a set of those on my 07.....very sharp.... i think they looked sweet.

Oh no, Mark is not maxless....I just adopted his baby about 2 years ago.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Back