Really no MN guys on here???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jpvmax

Reaction score
Just gonna try one more time, looking for MN Max riders in Mn, i live in central mn myself so would just be nice to get together maybe, i havent seen another max in my town of about 75,000-80,000 with out laying towns so thats pretty cool:punk:

I just picked up my first Vmax about a week ago. 07 with only 4300 miles for a great price. I'm also in the metro area. Maybe i'll see another screaming blur going down the roads soon haha

Nice i live up in st cloud adn am watching the Vikes get smoked right now, i just got a very clean 98 and love it so far just need to get some new tires this spring, good luck with your new max and keep in touch

ahhh fridley, very close to me. i live over in spring lake park. and my girlfriend lives up in st. cloud so i buzz up there every now and again. the season is nearly done this year, maybe a few more nice weekends...

its pretty fun having such a cultish but rare machine. general populace does not seem to know what it is...

Just because your old doesn't mean your done. On the other hand just because your young doesn't mean you don't know anything. Don't limit your selves. I have just as much fun no matter what age guys I'm riding with. It's my birthday and I'm entitled to one rant a year.:punk:

I grew up in Brainerd - 18 years. I joined and retired from the Air Force, and still haven't moved back yet. My parents still live there. I love visiting!

I'm currently 28. Been dreaming of the Vmax for the last 10 years, ever since i put 1000$ down on an 82' shadow 500cc to learn to ride. 10 years later, I can finally afford something nice haha. Hopefully mod monkeys dont bankrupt me though!!

gotta say I want different exhaust though. Anyone know of good reliable brands and people who do work on them as well as jetting here in MN?

***Oh yeah...just saw snowflakes driving home from work...time to put the beast in hibernation***

:(

Last edited:
I'm currently 28. Been dreaming of the Vmax for the last 10 years, ever since i put 1000$ down on an 82' shadow 500cc to learn to ride. 10 years later, I can finally afford something nice haha. Hopefully mod monkeys dont bankrupt me though!!

gotta say I want different exhaust though. Anyone know of good reliable brands and people who do work on them as well as jetting here in MN?

***Oh yeah...just saw snowflakes driving home from work...time to put the beast in hibernation***

:(

you stop it! I was just out riding! where are you in spring lake park. If you want i could come by and let you hear my slip ons i have got, there supertrapps. unless your looking for a full exhaust

Last edited:
I'm out in ND. Its still a good day's ride to St. Cloud for me but it is on my way to WI.

I am literally right by the spring lake park high school. itd be awesome to see/hear what you get out of the slip on. at the moment, im still researching the benefits of both and the associated costs to slipon vs. full. Im so new to all this bike has to offer that im a little overwhelmed. yeah, would love to see your machine man!

hey guys, havent been on here for a while, looks like i missed some action, looks like winter is right around the corner of coarse, we ll have to keep in touch and get the MAX's out this spring, take it easy everyone!!!

98, we still have time. MN isnt that big a place, and the Indian summer we've been having during the daytime is almost legendary, provided you keep warm for night riding and be mindful of the deer. Keep in mind, Colorado has 14 inches and the east coast got pummeled days ago. St. Cloud is not far away from the cities. Smithben and I got ours out a week or two ago and drove them. I am waiting till the first snow to winterize. If you make it down to our area with enough notification, we can all go out for a ride before the big freeze. Or such is my grandiose planning.

98, we still have time. MN isnt that big a place, and the Indian summer we've been having during the daytime is almost legendary, provided you keep warm for night riding and be mindful of the deer. Keep in mind, Colorado has 14 inches and the east coast got pummeled days ago. St. Cloud is not far away from the cities. Smithben and I got ours out a week or two ago and drove them. I am waiting till the first snow to winterize. If you make it down to our area with enough notification, we can all go out for a ride before the big freeze. Or such is my grandiose planning.

Dick I texted you today!

Hey I'll dredge up this old thread to say I'm up in Cloquet, MN and am up for a ride anytime -- probably only a handful of good riding days left until the snow flies here but give me a shout if you're out 'n about.

Back