VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey there! We own a 2007 Vmax. We recently got new tires and noticed something wasn't right when we put the rear wheel back on. When we torqued to spec, the rear wheel would NOT spin. We finally, after much research and discussion, deduced that we are missing what some people call a washer, a spacer, a collar- but don't know exactly what it is or how to find it. We were told we shouldn't ride without it, but the bike feels fine. Can anyone help with the name or number of this part and possibly where to find it??? It's on the right side, has a small lip that helps it fit right into the wheel before installing the brake caliper bracket. Please help!!Screenshot_20231119_134549_YouTube.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231119_134604_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20231119_134604_YouTube.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 0
This is what we have deduced it is....only problem. It's on back order everywhere it seems like.. and we were told we shouldn't ride without it or something there in it's place...can anyone corroborate that or give me any information. We lessened the torque and the tire spins now

Can we assume that you have all of the components shown on the parts list.
If no I wouldn't be inclined to use the bike until you have a full compliment.

If you do try searching 'Axle torque' and you will find various discussions on the subject.
You will see that others have had a similar issue and have used a lower torque setting.
If you choose to do this I would also mark the nut and s. arm to see if the nut starts to loosen.

Appears to be in stock on eBay

1700612895498.png

Attachments

• 1700612055581.png
    1700612055581.png
    859.1 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back