Rodeo song...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dreamster66

Reaction score
minus the truck part.... It's 40 below and I don't give a fuck.....lol
Just got back from a ride.....brrrrrr COLD, but was WELL worth it!
I just couldnt wait any longer!
Roads were bare (well....not bare, but at least no standing snow on them....lol)
C'mon spring time!!!!
Hey....BTW..... someone once posted as to the problem of having to keep the choke on partly to have it run good.
Too lean?
Ran AWESOME with the T boost on, but popped "just a little" out the top of the carbs with it off and the choke completely off.
They are set at 2 1/2 out....maybe I should go 1/8 or 1/4 more out (or just leave the T boost on at all times)
Randy (FROZEN BUT LOVIN IT.....lol)

Ya know there is a song called "the Rodeo Song". I have it on tape(Tape????)
There used to be a radio station in San Jose Cal called KFAT ( yes--- the wide spot on the dial:eusa_dance: ) and it was great. They did all kinds of off the wall things and played many great tunes in the same vein as "the Rodeo Song".
Way to politically incorrect for the wimps who run modern radio ( and the FCC). I really missed them and pretty much stopped listening to music on the radio when they went off the air.

Lew
PS: I cant' believe it surfaced after all these years

Last edited:
David Allen Coe.... The Rodeo Song ....lol
I just got through playing it....theres a guy at work who's name is John.... Call him RODEO JOHN... if you know the song, you'll know why :)

"The Rodeo Song" is originally done by a group called The Stampeders. David Allen Coe might have done a version, but his is not the original.
David Allen Coe did "The Perfect Country & Western Song".

it's a damn shame there's not more songs like that.country has sure gone down hill....so lets all play some back wards!!! and keep the old stuff alive,after all old school is the best school!!!!!:flamethrower: :th_biggun: :flagwaver:

Good ol' David Allen Coe----
As I recall he often puts his own name in his songs???????? Remember "Red Hot Woman and Ice Cold Beer"????????????????

He is something. I've got one CD of him doing vocals for Panterra. Yep, Rebel meets Rebel.

I have another CD of his that is all bootleg. Stuff you'll NEVER hear on the radio!

vmx12s said:
He is something. I've got one CD of him doing vocals for Panterra. Yep, Rebel meets Rebel.

I have another CD of his that is all bootleg. Stuff you'll NEVER hear on the radio!
me too....the bootleg one!
LOVE IT!
rates right up there with Dr. Dirty John Valby!

Well back to "the Rodeo Song"

I'm pretty sure it was Chuck Wagon and the Wheels who wrote the Rodeo Song. AND listen to D.A Coe when he sings "The Perfect country and Western song------ The first line says that a friend wrote it??????? And that was Steve Goodman. And Its my wife who knows all this. And she knows only 2 kinds of music:

Country
and
Western

What ever happened to all these guys????

Last edited:
Lew L said:
Well back to "the Rodeo Song"

I'm pretty sure it was Chuck Wagon and the Wheels who wrote the Rodeo Song. AND listen to D.A Coe when he sings "The Perfect country and Western song------ The first line says that a friend wrote it??????? And that was Steve Goodman. And Its my wife who knows all this. And she knows only 2 kinds of music:

Country
and
Western

What ever happened to all these guys????

David Allen Coe was last seen with Kid Rock and Hank Jr.

loL I have that album its David Allan Coe songs from prison ... cum stains on the pilow, Fucked a greasy (*&*)*, They are classics. there are like 13 or so songs. David Coe had a show in Branson for a few years but couldnt get the following. He is still on tour. And he hangs out with HANK WILLIAMS the Third or Hank3 as all the fans call him or just III. Goto hank3.com check him out. Coe is the original rebel. And some kinda freak show, over the top, colored braids in his beard. I like it all. Too bad new cuntry is gone to Pop bullshit. I cant stand it.

Back