saddle bags

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

koher

Reaction score
how hard/easy is it to install leather saddlebags that have to run under the rear seat i know on some bikes ita quite a project to get them to look right

I have a set of leather bags on mine. Just lace them together at the correct height desired, then put them under the rear seat. The bottoms get attached to the shock with leather cording. As far as the turn signals, I made extensions for mine by taking some round tubing and flattened the ends, and drilled mounting holes. Cutting a small notch in the extensions allows the stock locating roll pin to keep them from vibrating around. I will see if I can get a few pics for you so it doesn't sound like complete babbling!

that would be nice because right now i wear a bookbag everywhere but would love saddle bags
and i think i can picture what you made

Did you see what I was talking about on fatmax website. I have those hard bags and the kit comes with it to relocate the signals. They are a bit pricey but work awesome and are lockable. My wife loves them she's the one who bought them to carry all her shit. Gloves brushed change of clothes and etc women stuff. I was sick of carrying a backpack as well. But if you go the soft bags route amazon has brackets that are even better then the ones that come with kit. I actually used the ones from amazon. I might still have the one from fatmax if you want it you can have it for free. Just pm me if you want it and ill try to did it out of garage for you.

Here are some pics. Bags take away from the looks of a vmax IMHO, but you can't beat the ability to carry jackets and stuff. I have tried taking them off several times now, but always end up putting them back on because I miss them so bad!

Attachments

• bags 001.jpg
    bags 001.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 61
  • bags 002.jpg
    bags 002.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 65
  • bags 003.jpg
    bags 003.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 83
Here are some pics. Bags take away from the looks of a vmax IMHO, but you can't beat the ability to carry jackets and stuff. I have tried taking them off several times now, but always end up putting them back on because I miss them so bad!

i completely agree that bags take away the look some but im tired of slinging the stuff over my shoulder and rideing and haveing a bookbag all the time

To make it easier on bag selection you may want to consider the CBR brake light mod since it has integrated signals. Getting rid of the bugeyes on the back is a welcome upgrade IMO and only sets you back $50 or less if you can do the labor part yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

To make it easier on bag selection you may want to consider the CBR brake light mod since it has integrated signals. Getting rid of the bugeyes on the back is a welcome upgrade IMO and only sets you back $50 or less if you can do the labor part yourself.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

i can do the work myself but do you have a picture of what it looks like on a vmax

I have the cbr tail light on mine. I still use the shortened Oem lollypop signals with the integrated CBR's. Too many distracted drivers out there....

do you have pictures of how you relocated the signals
this is what I just got and installed on my max. I still have the strap over the seat but added some bolt on straps on the back of my bags and things are much more secure and don't move around. the supports are made by Fehling and I ordered them from England since no one in the USA has them listed on the web. $127.75 total with shipping
http://www.customcruisers.com/Custom2005/customshop2005/contents/en-uk/p10368.html
nice people to deal with also.
later, Bill

Back