Should I be worried?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kronx

Reaction score
So I've been hearing a noise recently when I'm at a stoplight. Happens at about 3 to 5 second intervals. It a bit of a hollow click. I tried to capture it with my phone. In the video I'm basically turning off the bike...waiting a few seconds and then turning the ignition on to recreate the sound. You'll hear the click at the 16 second mark of the video.

When I've been riding a bit and I'm at a stoplight I hear this click every few seconds. I don't hear this click when I start her up in the morning and just have her idling. Any ideas? Should I be worried?

http://youtu.be/noaUwrBhxno

I think thats your fuel pump, nothing to worry about.. I haven't ever heard it when engine running, though I never heard max with completely stock exhaust either.

I think thats your fuel pump, nothing to worry about.. I haven't ever heard it when engine running, though I never heard max with completely stock exhaust either.

I wonder if hearing mine is a sign that it might be on it's last legs.

+1 thats fuel pump sound. you must hear this sound clicking a lot if you dont ride your bike for one - two days when you turn on your switch from off to on . a continued clicking and then stops when the carbs are filled.No worries

+1 thats fuel pump sound. you must hear this sound clicking a lot if you dont ride your bike for one - two days when you turn on your switch from off to on . a continued clicking and then stops when the carbs are filled.No worries

Hmm, well I've been riding it pretty much every day since August of last year haha. Even when it was in the single digits(I'm so addicted to 'the ride' it's not even funny).

I wonder if maybe over time my ear has gotten more refined to all the sounds the VMax makes and it's always been there but I'm just now picking it up. :hmmm:

Good to know it's nothing serious. Thanks guys! :punk:

Hmm, well I've been riding it pretty much every day since August of last year haha. Even when it was in the single digits(I'm so addicted to 'the ride' it's not even funny).

I wonder if maybe over time my ear has gotten more refined to all the sounds the VMax makes and it's always been there but I'm just now picking it up. :hmmm:

Good to know it's nothing serious. Thanks guys! :punk:
if you don't hear it ... this is a a problem :eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Back