Show me your Bags!!!!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmailley

Reaction score
Hey Maxxers, been a while since I've posted but about to get real this year "Maxxin" out!!

Show me, WITH PICS PLEASE, what types of bags you have for your Gen 1 Max for mid & long travel, with passenger preferably. And if you can, provide the "store" where you got them. I have the OE sissy bar and aftermarket back rack (small but can hold a small duffel!).

Thanks in advance!!

Attachments

• Max 1.jpg
    Max 1.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 47
  • Max 2.jpg
    Max 2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 46
aftermarket back rack
That looks OEM to-me.

I have a set of soft bags, not really a large capacity, but with a top-bag I have for the faux gas tank you could probably pack enough for a weekend. Be aware that the rated capacity of the back rack is something like 7 lbs., not-much! You could increase that by running some strap brackets down to the license plate bracket, as that's tied-in with the steel rear fender inner liner.

Here is a set from Hepco and Becker Journey Recon, available through them or www.motomachine.com. They are not cheap but they are the best hard bag set I have used. The bags in the photo are two 42 litre saddlebags and a 52 litre trunk which can easily hold 2 helmets. I tested them with 24 beer bottles(Canadian 2-4 box of beer) in each of the saddlebags and 36 bottles in the trunk. I now have a Gen 2 and I am waiting for another set(although smaller) from F.Maerz.

Attachments

• 1457601_599911216743044_722516520_n.jpg
    1457601_599911216743044_722516520_n.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 57
That looks OEM to-me.

I have a set of soft bags, not really a large capacity, but with a top-bag I have for the faux gas tank you could probably pack enough for a weekend. Be aware that the rated capacity of the back rack is something like 7 lbs., not-much! You could increase that by running some strap brackets down to the license plate bracket, as that's tied-in with the steel rear fender inner liner.
Thanks.

Here is a set from Hepco and Becker Journey Recon, available through them or www.motomachine.com. They are not cheap but they are the best hard bag set I have used. The bags in the photo are two 42 litre saddlebags and a 52 litre trunk which can easily hold 2 helmets. I tested them with 24 beer bottles(Canadian 2-4 box of beer) in each of the saddlebags and 36 bottles in the trunk. I now have a Gen 2 and I am waiting for another set(although smaller) from F.Maerz.
Sweet set up but a little more than I want to spend.

That's one hell of a seat ya got there! Looks like a 500 mile per day seat.... at the least.
What kind is it?

Vinnie

What kind of beer? Molson? Moosehead? One of the smalller craft breweries? :D

Seriously, that is alot of weight and a good test.

I have this leather set available? And the red bike is on the way and will also be available. I do not know where either set was acquired. The trunk is also available and a cheaper china product. I have not tried to make any sort of bracket to mount the trunk.

Attachments

• IMG_20150712_095843175.jpg
    IMG_20150712_095843175.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20150712_095855738.jpg
    IMG_20150712_095855738.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_20150712_095908383.jpg
    IMG_20150712_095908383.jpg
    192.6 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20200215_130348.jpg
    IMG_20200215_130348.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_20200215_130419.jpg
    IMG_20200215_130419.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_20200215_130658.jpg
    IMG_20200215_130658.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 35
  • vmax1.JPG
    vmax1.JPG
    335.3 KB · Views: 35
  • vmax6.JPG
    vmax6.JPG
    199.8 KB · Views: 35
  • vmax11.JPG
    vmax11.JPG
    235.4 KB · Views: 32
Doesn't all of that weight behind the rear axle make the front end kind of wonkee? (shaky)

I have this leather set available? And the red bike is on the way and will also be available. I do not know where either set was acquired. The trunk is also available and a cheaper china product. I have not tried to make any sort of bracket to mount the trunk.
Hey Sean, would you happen to have a pretty decent black filled clutch cover laying around? I don't know what years they were on, but I really like them. I could send you mine if you would require that. Thanks! And I'm still going to get ALL those other cores back to you, as soon as I get all of them switched over!!

Doesn't all of that weight behind the rear axle make the front end kind of wonkee? (shaky)
I never had any problems and my wife had them stuffed to the nines and I had a lot of tools in them as well. We didn't usually put too much in the trunk as we kept it open for our full face helmets. It is nice not to have to carry the around with you when touring.

Hey Sean, would you happen to have a pretty decent black filled clutch cover laying around? I don't know what years they were on, but I really like them. I could send you mine if you would require that. Thanks! And I'm still going to get ALL those other cores back to you, as soon as I get all of them switched over!!
The all black inserts were 06/07. The black and silver were off and on again through the years. I have some of each of the clutch inserts I think and can always have some powdercoated too. The stator inserts I have fewer of and may have to coat one to get the color you want. Email me at [email protected]

I was out to Thunder one year and had a nice set of soft bags, Melody and I went to liquor store as that was only place you could buy beer to go. Come to find out you can't buy a six pack, so 24 longnecks of DOS EQUIS it is. Bags only held 11 each so I had to drink 2 in parking lot. Good thing I got limes first. It was a great Thunder. PS that is a sweet looking max David

Last edited:
That looks OEM to-me.

Yes,,that’s an OEM set-up there.

Back