VMAX 1200 Part Numbers Help

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattiasF14

Reaction score
Hey guys, new member here (should probably make a post to the newbie section but anyway) and proud owner of a 2004 VMAX 1200 with only ~7400 miles on it. The bike has been through who knows how many previous owners and even with its low miles shows some evidence of being dropped and sitting outside for some time. At any rate, I'm in the process of returning the thing to as close to showroom-stock as I can get it with a few exceptions, and I wanted to ask your all's expertise on helping me decipher some part numbers.

First, there is the front blinkers. While they look stock, they flash too fast and the self-canceling feature doesn't work. I could just change out the bulbs (the ones in front are a different voltage) but the rear blinker housings are metal and the front ones are plastic, so I don't think they're actual OEM. On Partzilla there are two part numbers for the front blinkers listed as follows:

- 42X-83310-K1-00
- 42X-83320-K1-00

The only difference is in the 10 and 20. From pictures I can find, they appear similar but the site mentions a difference in the lens and that they are not interchangeable because there is an "old" and a "new" one so the entire assembly is what should be replaced instead. With that in mind, which one do I get for my '04? Or does it not matter? What is different about them?

Second, there is some frame hardware that I am lost on trying to identify in the exploded diagram. There are some aftermarket highway pegs that I want to remove, but two of the bolts that hold them on thread into a mount for the engine and one of them is a frame bolt that holds the lower frame to the upper. I need to get some hardware to fill these holes and I'd like them to be OEM so it all matches. I'll attach the diagram below, but I think the diagram numbers and their respective parts numbers I need are listed below. I've put question marks next to ones I'm not sure about because I cannot tell where they actually go on the diagram. Do I need parts 10, 11 and 12? Can anyone confirm that these or the others are the right ones to get?

- 7 (Bolt, 91317-10030-00)
- 8 (Nut, Flange, 95704-10500-00)
- 10 (Bolt, Flange, 90105-081A0-00)?
- 11 (Nut, Crown, 90176-10033-00)?
- 12 (Bolt, Flange, 90105-10376-00)?
- 14 (Bolt, Flange, 95817-08060-00)
- 15 (Nut, Crown, 90176-08040-00)
- 16 (Washer, Spring, 92907-08100-00)

I have also attached a photo of the area I'm talking about on the bike if that helps. This pic is not of my own bike, but I've circled the bolts I'm talking about on it. I can get pics of my own bike tomorrow after I wake up. I appreciate any advice given in advance, I just wanted to make sure I'm not ordering anything I don't actually need. Thank you all for your time and attention.

MjIwMTU3Nw-55c23039.jpegV-Max.jpeg

Email me for some free bolts.
The signals used amber lenses for many of the years then swapped to clear in the later years. They also went to smaller wiring for an unknown reason. All years will swap around depending on the cosmetic you want to see. The lenses will swap around too.
The plastic is likely an EMGO light while the metal is OEM. I may have both on hand.
[email protected]

Back