Sidestand spring fell off

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlewis02

Reaction score
Was going to the track Friday and when I slowed down to turn I heard a strange noise coming from under the bike. Stopped and the Sidestand was down no spring attached. I ordered the spring already what else do I need?
I took a spring from an 86 cbr600 and it’s holding till the new spring gets here.
BCD9970A-6AC2-4498-A0F8-311418F8C924.jpeg4B439985-FBDC-4F04-9A6C-BCB58ECA33E8.jpeg6C800116-675F-44D3-B4F1-8B083464AB1D.jpeg

TOP part of spring connects to a bracket type plate then hooks on bike ...
Without the bracket, the sidestand switch will not operate properly. It can be bypassed, however. I admit to being saved by that sidestand switch at-least once.

Throw a bit of spray lubricant onto that switch shaft if you intend to use the switch. For those of you with a 'riding season,' make that part of your annual 'getting ready to ride' process. After lubing, work the spring-loaded pin in and out a few times, you often can feel the corrosion/oxidation be broken-down, and the spring-loaded pin moves more-easily.

I have ordered all the parts need to fix it like it should.
Thank you guys.

Latest posts

Back