Speeding Tickets anyone??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got nailed for 131mph in a 70 with the wife on back

got a $300 careless ticket

cop was pretty cool about it.

Still, I can't imagine that would be worth it from a cost perspective. Pilots don't come cheap, and even a small aircraft burns many times the fuel of the average Crown Vic. Plus aircraft are a lot more expensive to purchase and maintain.

The way they do it here, is they have like three to four cars ahead on the side of the road....they pull em over three to four at a time. So with a little bit of math (depending on how fast they write the tickets) the cost can be quickly offset by the large flow of cash coming in. The only time they loose their ass is when the opposite lane flow of traffic starts flashing their headlights warning drivers of the speed trap.....then they got the plane,pilot, and 4 cops costing lots of money just sitting there. Thats usually when they pack it up and move down the road to the next marked section of road to set up shop again.

Well they are strict in Oz I got done for 102 kph in a 60km zone.$800 fine and 6 months no licence.My boss said no licence =no job.$1500 for barrister to say in court that I was going to suffer loss of livelihood etc approximately 15 minutes in court and I am back on the road.However if I got done for just about anything I would be back to square 1 ie: no licence no job and even more fines.and people wonder why I am paranoid when I'm driving /riding.It is only when you are doing the speed limit do you realise just how many people speed .Which is EVERYBODY!Cheers Kevman.

Back