starter clutch gen 1

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ironman883

Reaction score
hello ,I'm not sure if I'm in the right place to post this question so please forgive me if no. so I live in NW Indiana close to SW Michigan and I'm trying to find someone or place to have a starter clutch installed on gen 1. any leads or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.riding seasons closing in fast .thanks again ride safe and .

As Mr Newby suggest it is a straightforward job provided you have the right tools, the most important is the puller - see attached.
However, if time and other pressures prevent this I'm as useless as a chocolate teapot to you as I'm UK based, sorry.

Attachments

• Starter clutch replacement.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • Modified flywheel puller.pdf
    232.4 KB · Views: 1
The puller quality can be an issue if the flywheel bolt is over tightened IMO. I was able to get mine off with the cheezy steering wheel puller and 3 good grade 8 bolts. A solid smack with a 3lb hammer and walla! Hope this isn't against rules but this co also sells CV shafts, crank shaft kits on you know where and is working stellar so far but U get what U pay for. U get gasket, bolts, and clutch for a third of the oem shipped. Amazon.com

Look up the You tube video from Morley’s Muscle for the clear “How To”. The highlights are use a good quality puller and grade 8 bolts, once you tighten it, tighten it once more. Then whack the center bolt like you mean it !
No one mentions heat but I’ve never needed it. I do like loosely zip tying all the parts together to keep it from falling all over the place.

I killed 2 crowsfoot pullers before finding this, changed the bolts and a little heat and the flywheel dropped off easy as

Attachments

• 17058482312338388061442125927463.jpg
    17058482312338388061442125927463.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1
Back