Stealership visit!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

88vmx12

Reaction score
I went into a Yamaha dealership yesterday looking for riding gear and noticed they had a gen 2 on the floor. To me it looked used , it had Vance and Heinz slip ons and around the ignition it looked to have small scratches from the key. So I was thinking used....right :confused2: Well I asked how much :ummm: They said 20 K! "HOLY SHIT" came out of my mouth..... They said it was new. In my mind that was still crazy and it was a 2010. I have seen some on Ebay for under $17K with mods and super clean. Go the used route I am thinking. :punk:

G

Well like my dear ol dad always said
"There is a point on every road where two fools meet...One asks, the other gives.":worthy::worthy::worthy:

What mileage was on the bike? Or were you so blown away by the price you couldnt focus on that? I love the way some dealers price their stuff always thinking they can put the screws to the buyer. After Taxes and fees it would be like a 23K bike and Ive never seen a dealership with a 23K bike no matter how much they tried to convince me it was one...

Thats crazy!
I paid $18900 for mine just when the 2010 came out!
You can get clean low mile 09's for $14000.....

I worked a deal on a new 2011 earlier in the year. $20,229.00 Out The Door. It had a few tenths of a mile on it and hadn't even been serviced yet.

Tried to get my wife on it. She needed to be a few years younger to be comfortable in the passenger position. I just couldn't get past buying a bike
that expensive, for me alone to ride.. I'll wait on a used one like others are doing... Waiting on the $10,000.00 mark....

I love it when dealers price "new" machines at full-blown MSRP. First, unless it's some how new collector edition HD people are "investing" in, nobody with half a brain pays retail.

Second, dealers often take a very liberal interpretation of the word "new". I've seen last-year demo bikes with 6-700 miles(and needing a rear tire, go figure), being sold as "new", asking full MSRP. Actually the local stealer had a "new" 2010 Z1000 in there, for the fabulous bargain of $10k (retail is $10,5). It wasn't new, it was a leftover demo with 2,500 miles on it. Must have been a lot of demo-ing, or they just figured the miles were low enough to avoid calling it "used".

I've found new-in-the-crate '11's for $9500 OTD price on ebay.

At that same dealer I couldn't help but blurt out "HOLY SHIT" when I got a main jet for my Odyssey, and they asked for $7.50 for it. They're $2- $2.50 anywhere else, but I'm not driving all the way to glens falls to get one for $2 at Sportline.

Back