tank bag

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chaos

Reaction score
I'm looking for a tank bag and have been looking at the Joe Rocket Manta XL. $53.99 at ridersdiscount.com and free shipping to Canada(which is usually at least $20). I'm looking for something cheap but not a piece of crap either.
Anybody got any comments on this bag or a comparable one, any better websites for ordering?
Just looking for something to hold the keys, garage opener, etc. I looked at the smaller Manta but it just seemed too small.

I have the larger magnetic model and I like it, I think it fits the Vmax lines well. I can get my tourmaster rain jacket, water bottle + more little stuff in it. I works well for day trips.
I normally run it with out the "flaps" down and it stays on very well. Only time I ever put the flaps down is when I'm gonna go over 100 with cross winds. I can put the flaps down while riding even, just make sure your doing it on a straight road.
Go to newenough.com to see some good pictures of it. :thumbs up:

I'm looking for a tank bag and have been looking at the Joe Rocket Manta XL. $53.99 at ridersdiscount.com and free shipping to Canada(which is usually at least $20). I'm looking for something cheap but not a piece of crap either.
Anybody got any comments on this bag or a comparable one, any better websites for ordering?
Just looking for something to hold the keys, garage opener, etc. I looked at the smaller Manta but it just seemed too small.

I have the very same Tank bag. I love it.
Got mine here

http://www.newenoughhp.com/luggage/

http://www.newenoughhp.com/browse/view_product_images/33

No issues with it at all. stays put, Road tested to 130MPH. Just fine, Plenty of space for extra goodies. Over Night change of clothes etc.

I have the Manta XL and used it on the Max. I liked it, I still have it, used it on the Busa and may end up using it some times on the bobber. I can't get HUGE stuff in it, but you get enough of what you need. I think I packed an overnights worth of clothes and toiletry stuff in one etc...

Here are a few pics

April2708Ride001.jpg

April2708Ride020.jpg

Just bought a First Gear Onyx Magnetic Tank Bag and I think it is the perfect size for the V-Max. The bag is similar in shape and size to the one I use to have when I had my first V-Max. Do a search on it and see what you think.

I bought the small Manta before the xl came out.
It's not a overnight bag but it could be.

Yesterday I put my grub in there. 2 packs of sliced ham, 1 bottle of pickles, 1 bottle of mustard, a pack of kraft singles, my camera, two boxes of cigarillos, my shades, and two bungie cords.

If I had the big one, I could go to home deplowes!

home.jpg

Back