The Carnage Continues

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HDKILA

Reaction score
Took a little 50 mile ride tonite and got into a pretty nice race with a 96 CBR 900RR. The guy was sitting at the light and I pulled up next to him. His bike was MINT and had exhaust, frame chromed and a few other goodies. He looked over and said "I always love the VMAX" so right away I knew this guy knew about the bike.

I told him how good I thought his bike looked and he told me he wanted me to hit it when the light turned and he wanted to give me the jump. I contemplated turning on the nitrous for this bike but didn't.

Light turned and I hit it, as soon as I hit it I hear him hit it and off we go. 1st gear he's in my blindspot, 2nd gear he's still there but maybe a few feet further back because I can see him barely in my right side mirror...3rd gear I see that he shut down (which is when I was expecting the fly-by).

We get to the next light and he gave me lots of props and told me how fast my bike was. It was the closest race I have had so far on my bike and without the jump it would have been either even or him ahead by a lenght or two.

The great part about this race was when I slammed her into 3rd my front wheel came up maybe an inch or two off the ground!

Back