The Official Whining Thread

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jayhawk

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang, I was all set to take the VMax to a local park this weekend and shoot pics - with the intent of listing it for sale next week. (I've got a black B-King spotted...)

Getting that far in the decision process was hard enough, but then today's rumors on this board reaffirming a new Max arrival this fall makes it double tough. I know, and I know me pretty well, I'd be ready to swallow glass if I was married to a B-King and a new Max was available.

That need-6.com site is just a brutal teaser.

[/whine]

Damn... Yeah that would suck to buy a new BKing and then have the new Max come out.
Glad it's not me! :eusa_dance:

I'm hoping to have this one paid off by the time the new one comes out! Then I'll have 2 Maxes. Lordy Lordy! now I'm getting a chubby just thinking about it!

Well throw the dice JayHawk! And ask this question... Do You Feel Lucky?
Well... Do you Punk? :eusa_pray:

Damn... Yeah that would suck to buy a new BKing and then have the new Max come out.
Glad it's not me! :eusa_dance:

I'm hoping to have this one paid off by the time the new one comes out! Then I'll have 2 Maxes. Lordy Lordy! now I'm getting a chubby just thinking about it!

Well throw the dice JayHawk! And ask this question... Do You Feel Lucky?
Well... Do you Punk? :eusa_pray:

If I had any sense, I'd just ride my VMax for a few more months (at least) and see what comes out in the fall. Probably could make a little better deal on the B-King heading into the winter if Yamaha doesn't come through.

But you know, when the bug bites - it bites hard. Bah.

Give it a few weeks. I get that way a lot. I'm not holding my breath on a new V-Max, but if one comes out, from what I've seen it'll be my next bike for sure! I'll turn my '93 into a "bobber" of sorts, strip it down to not much other than the seat and an engine, and get the new one to have some highway fun on.

I would hold off on the BKing hearing the new VMAX is going to make 214 HP Wouldnt that suck buy a Bking ride it for the summer yeah its a nice bike come October and find out that the VMAX will be at your local dealer in November now your stuck with a BKing that doesnt sell now you have to try and get rid of it hopefully not losing more than 4K out of your pocket
Ohh decide to keep it and spring of 09 comes and your out cruising on your 1 yr old Bking and a new 09 VMAX pulls up beside you and as the light turns green your left watching the VMAX tail lights fade into the distance as that 1800V4 rumbles away from your hunnybee in a jar sound Bking that you just had to have
Could you live with that

I couldnt

Probably good advice, Yankee. Dealers are quickly running out of their '08 allotment of B-Kings, and I wish my local guy would sell his. It would make it easier.

Perhaps I'll head over to Need-6.com again. That will help. :confused2:

I'd personally go with a busa not the bking.I like the last photo and info of the new Vmax.Is it really going to happen?How much is it?What in the world will the insurance be??????

Does anybody remember the rates back in 85 when the first vmax came out? Unaffordable for most!

I fooled around a little bit on the Progressive and Geico sites, and IIRC, the B-King insurance was pretty brutal for full coverage. Like $100+/month brutal. That was without inputting SS#, so a good credit rating might bring it down some. Way more than I'm paying on my VMax, though.

I'd assume the new VMax will be as bad, or worse. Better build that into your budgets. :confused2:

Dont let anyone fool you Bking sales at least around where I live suck,there are 3 that I know of that dont move in three different dealerships here they have been there for months can you say UGLY???????

Dont let anyone fool you Bking sales at least around where I live suck,there are 3 that I know of that dont move in three different dealerships here they have been there for months can you say UGLY???????

One dealer here locally said he can't give one away, right now. The other two I have visited only have one left, saying they sold the other couple they had, and they won't likely be getting any more until they place their '09 order. As you say, it could be hooey.

I have yet to see one on the street. But, if that bothered me, I wouldn't be riding a VMax. :th_image003:

I have not seen one yet, Only Pictures and some Video's. I would really like to sit on one, Maybe take it for a spin :thumbs up: but........Its really ugly IMHO. New Exhaust would help for starters.

my .03Cents

Back