• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted UFO exhaust

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All, Looking for a nice set of UFO exhaust preferably the quad setup. Thanks for your help.
I don’t have the quad setup but I do have a UFO exhaust ceramic coated with Hole Shot cans that I’m wanting to sell. It’s in great shape. IMG_4793.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4794.jpeg
    IMG_4794.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4795.jpeg
    IMG_4795.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4796.jpeg
    IMG_4796.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
Looks nice but I’m curious what they sound like
I should have taken a sound bite before I removed it. It sounds like a small block 350. Not raspy at all. A nice low rumble when Idling around town. And just bad ass when jamming through the gears.

I don’t have the quad setup but I do have a UFO exhaust ceramic coated with Hole Shot cans that I’m wanting to sell. It’s in great shape. View attachment 89664
That's a good-looking bike! Lots of worthwhile additions there, anything done to the engine? Tell our members about what a difference you had when you went to radial tires. Did you get the wheels from Sean?

I don’t think there is much
That's a good-looking bike! Lots of worthwhile additions there, anything done to the engine? Tell our members about what a difference you had when you went to radial tires. Did you get the wheels from Sean?
I don’t think there’s much I haven’t done to this bike. The engine is a PCW 1500cc long rod. I bought it from Sean freshly rebuilt by PCW. The carbs are 39mm flat sides with true ram air scoops from now out of business UFO. 2002 R1 front end with triple trees made by now out of business Cycle One Off also the R1rear brake conversion. Custom built rear shocks by Works performance notched and braced swing arm from UFO 18” Carrozzeria wheels from Sean. Paint and seat by Sean. Kawasaki ZX1400 clutch and brake master cylinders EBC V rotors. Sumitomo 6 piston FZR calipers from Sean. Clear clutch cover from Sean. WRS rear sets from Japan. Heavy duty Barnet clutch conversion. The exhaust was from UFO with cans from Dale Walker at Holeshot performance. But I just replaced it with a 4/1 from Hindle. Rear tail light was off a Honda CBR 1000 and the headlight is from dare I say……a Harley V-Rod. Also a Hyperpro steering damper. I’m sure I left a few things out but having drag raced and ridden a mostly stock 85 V-Max back in the 90’s, it had a Hindle exhaust and stage seven jet kit that thing wiggled twisted an wobbled all over the place but still could manage a 10.90 at the strip if the air was cool enough. But it was really unnerving in the twisties. I ran off the road more than once trying to keep up with sport bikes. This new one handles like it’s on rails with the solid mounted engine, frame braces, upgraded suspension and radial tires. I ride with a mixed group of bikes now, sport bikes Super Dukes etc and It has no problem staying in the group. No flex or wobbles at all. What inspired this build is basically its everything I wanted my 85 to be but couldn’t afford. So I looked at the 2nd gen V-Max and it would have been a little cheaper to buy one new but they just felt too big. So I built this one with a lot of thanks to many people on this forum.

Attachments

• IMG_4840.jpeg
    IMG_4840.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Back