vboost slack???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCHILDERS

Reaction score
Well yesterday I was prodding around on here and I read a post from somebody who seemed to not be able to notice the vboost kicking in. I thought "that sounds like me". I have already noticed it cycling when I turn on the key and kill switch, however I just don't feel any change as I slowly move through the rpm range. Late last night when I got home I ran into the garage real quick and turned it on. When the thing shifted all the way open I shut it off. I was still able to push on the back of it (pushing it towards the front of the bike) and get another 3/8 to 1/2 inch of travel. I'm assuming that there must be slack in the cable and therefore it isn't opening all of the way. Am I right? What EXACTLY do I do to take care of this? Thanks in advance.

I think the spec. is only .012" slack or something like that. What I did a couple weeks ago when I had the carbs off was to loosen the adjustment screw & let the cable settle. It's spring loaded , so when you loosen it , it will self adjust , kind of like a throttle pressure cable on an automoble transmission. It's a small allen screw, like a 3mm or something like that - hit it from the right side of the bike with a t-handle. I had about 1/2" of slack in mine so I know the v'boost never came on fully before this. Full boost NOW, Brother !

Latest posts

Back