Video for The Nubi's

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blaxmax

Reaction score
25 PM
Nubicon is
online.gif

icon1.gif
Re: Exhaust Fumes

Quote:
Originally Posted by blaxmax
All of mine start without the choke-How about a set of cops for yours?

Sure they do. I bet you can tap the starter and ride away like magic. You can keep your COPS, thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k7EvA_GECk

What we looking at here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blax was demonstrating that his bike requires no choke to start, with the engine stone cold. This was accomplished by careful tuning, and the addition of coils over plugs. AND the bike does not run "rich", following the tuning procedures.
Impressive,:eusa_dance: I'd say.
Cheers!

Sweet! Couldn't copy and past and link didn't work for me so had to ask.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

South Dakota cold is a little different from that cold, but it does bark to life easier, tunes easier and better throttle response. I'll keep my COPS, Thanks.

Mine starts right up on normal "cold" mornings here in sunny SoCal, but when it got into the 40's (those two days) it was a lot easier with just a touch of choke.

I imagine those who experience real weather find the choke more than just vestigial.

South Dakota cold is a little different from that cold, but it does bark to life easier, tunes easier and better throttle response. I'll keep my COPS, Thanks.

+1 I'll be keeping mine too. One of the best mods after changing tires to anything not Dunlop bias ply. The simplicity of eliminating the plug wires, their components and high resistance made it real easy to convert. Ignatech or Dyna Tech ignition and Cops puts you in modern ignition era. Not that the original can't work well. The original seat off my 89 will work too...For about 10 miles, then I'd be standing on the pegs.

Back