What grips will work on 1st Gen?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iraqvet750

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, I searched past threads for grips recommendations for 1st Gen, 1985 in particular. I saw many mentions of Kuryakyn, but I couldn't locate any that were specifically longer on the "throttle" side. Any recommendations? OEM is hard to find. Thanks.

I have good used OEM grips. I have new Kury's but prefer the Driven Racing D3 grips we sell. Slimmer and a lot of color options. Including matching bar ends.

I have good used OEM grips. I have new Kury's but prefer the Driven Racing D3 grips we sell. Slimmer and a lot of color options. Including matching bar ends.
Thanks for the reply. The shop is telling me that I really should get a set of asymmetric grips that is longer on the throttle side to avoid a gap. They have been unable to locate a set like that. Do the d three grips come in that configuration, and if not, how much for the used OEM grips? Thanks again.

I just put a set of Kuryakyn on mine, I have a gap on the throttle side between the grip and controls but think I must have not installed them right.

To resolve the gaps we simply reused the factory chrome spacers by cutting down the overlap used by the factory grip.

Hello, I searched past threads for grips recommendations for 1st Gen, 1985 in particular. I saw many mentions of Kuryakyn, but I couldn't locate any that were specifically longer on the "throttle" side. Any recommendations? OEM is hard to find. Thanks.
I have a set of new OEM first gen in the original box, interested?

yes, I trust (as OEM) they are longer on the throttle side to resolve the "gap" issue, correct? Feel free to DM me. Thanks!
Yamaha Genuine Chrm Grips W/R1 BS 86-98XV1100 05/25/2000

ABA-3CF37-10-11 I bought them new for my new 05 back in 05 and never took them out of the original package. They are chrome and rubber. One of them is a little longer than the other. Great looking.

Back