Woooden Eeeling Brakes, Except for some Windwoods

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Patineto

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mi other 3 vmax's where Gen ones with standard forks and BRakes..

The Windwoods make the legs shake and twist way to much..
I promise a look but ave not found anything about simple upgrades besides the Venture calipers
well my brakes feel like this and i don't like it1Amoto brakes ddjhjeee-X2.jpg

Assuming that the calliper pistons are free to move in the bores then the wooden feel will be because the leverage ratio of m/c piston area to calliper piston area is insufficient.
Have a look here.

You mean, Wilwoods?

QP axle-Wilwood disc-drum brake.09.png

The 1993-'07 43 mm front end and a Superbrace or equivalent and HH pads w/SS hoses on an OEM front master cyl should work well. Show us what you have.

This is a good time to 'plug' adding in the signature line, what year bike you have and what upgrades it has. Use your screen name in the upper-right corner to add the info. Make it easy on use trying to offer advice.

Assuming that the calliper pistons are free to move in the bores then the wooden feel will be because the leverage ratio of m/c piston area to calliper piston area is insufficient.
Have a look here.
Nope is not that, I just service them (service plenty too) and they are crappy as always, i spend years racing brembro gold lines, big tokicos etc, but this virago brakes never really work..

the plan is to find a stiffer more current fork, so is pointless to spend money on equal/marginally better l quality calipers

FYI: This are as good as they make them, $10.000 a set just fir the calipers, carbon rotors , totally silly money

Attachments

• 1Abrembo.jpg
    1Abrembo.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 0
Back