WTB....forward controls

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how much and where for forward controls.
Does anyone have them?....if so, do you like em?

My bike had forward controls on it when I bought it. I didn't like having my feet out in front of me on a bike that can scat like the vmax. It just feels wrong having to hang on to the bars when you're making a full throttle launch, instead of bracing my feet against the pegs.

I kept them on for a month just to see if I would adjust, but I never did. Took them off almost two years ago and haven't regretted it. I did keep the forward foot pegs on to use as highway pegs, but I find that I don't use them.

I might be interested in selling...hadn't really thought about it til I read your post.

http://home.earthlink.net/~answersmayvary/ is my webspace and has a pic of my bike before I took the forward controls off.

if you wanna sell them, how much?
Is it both sides?

Price would be $400 shipped, and would include left forward control with shifter and linkage, right forward control with rear brake lever and linkage, matching passenger foot pegs, and matching grips. I would just as soon keep the kit together, as it all matches. Buying the complete kit new would run you over $1000. Price might would be lower, but I have to go shopping for new grips and passenger pegs if I pull these off. Condition of all components is good, but could use a spitshine.

Have Um. LOVE UM!

These were on my bike when I bought it and I new they were the first thing I was ripping off of it and couldn't imagine a worse application for them.

I did ride around with them until I found a set of standard controls and could never bring myself to install them. I am 6'3" and I'm just too damn comfortable. Plus trying to hang on is the whole point of a Vmax! Right?

Anyway I sold that standard set I had last year but am now ready to take it down the strip. SO, if you buy those and want to part with your originals I would be interested in them to help offset the price of the upgrade.

Let me know.

Attachments

• Gauge-web.jpg
    Gauge-web.jpg
    329.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_3459.jpg
    100_3459.jpg
    375.8 KB · Views: 28
Back