xj 900 diversion wheels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmax1125

Reaction score
i run across a set of wheels on ebay one is a rear wheel off a yamaha xj 900 diversion it is a 17" and they say it a bolt on and the other is a thundercat 17" front they say needs the fork leg machined a little.
anyone running this wheel combo and is it a bolt on deal. i am guessing these are all over seas model bikes because i dont see any in the states.
thought i would throw it out there might give some max'r's some other wheel options.
Chris :ummm:

Greetings Chris I have the divi wheel fittted ,you will need a spindle kit from Wink on the uk vmaxchat site to fit it.I also put a yzf 1000 wheel on the front which was a worthwhile exercise .You can check out the vmaxtech site from Yahoo about fitting the front wheel.It is a cheap alternative to aftermarket and is a definitive improvement in handling .Cheers Kevman

Kevman, thanks for the input i read on the vmaxchat site that wink makes a custom axle kit but he will not have any until feb. do you know anyone selling any divi wheels i would like to try one but they are not common in the states.
thanks, Chris

Is the rear a 5.5". If I remember correctly it is a narrower rim and it wont fit anything larger than a 160 or 170.

this is a very good question the one i seen on ebay has a 170 tire so the wheel is more than likely less than 5.5" wide they aint worth crap if you cant get at least a 180 on it.

Chris :bang head:

It is correct that you can't fit anything bigger than a 170 ,I use a 160 Battleax and my tyre fitter won't sell me a 170 because he thinks that itis too big for the rim and a waste cause you can't get out to the edge safely .I get to about 5 mm from the edge and I'm not a hang off sort of a rider.But I do feel safe at whatever speeed I am doing.Besides in Oz you don't have a big selection of wheels unless you want to pay the price and import from overseas:biglaugh: cheers Kevman

This combo is exactly what I am running. The front wheel fit is a 1000000 miles from a bolt on. Stressful to do But I love the look and it handles great. Have had the speedo buried and its rock solid. Those that rode down to Topeka this year can attest to the top speed stability (the bike not the rider)

I would be glad to answer any questions you may have...

BTW my wheels and spindle were bought from Wink

Frank

Blaster, check out vmaxchat website - alot of info there on these wheels - these are wheels from europian models

Mike

Back