Yamaha wheels

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shawn kloker

Reaction score
It looks like I am selling my Honda dragbike.I put it over at Rod's new cycle shop and there are a lot of interested buyers.

I intend to roll the money over into an FJ powered drag bike like Rod races.

What I need to know is; Are newer R6 and R1 wheels the same size?17"x6" or so in the rear?I need to find a good used set to get the slick on the back. I figured might as well put a matching front on.

I met Rod shortly after buying the Honda and he said he would have talked me out of it.They are fine till you start trying to up the horse power then they are not reliable at all.mine was also already a 1240 cc up from the stock 1100cc. 83,cb1100f.

Last edited:
It looks like I am selling my Honda dragbike.I put it over at Rod's new cycle shop and there are a lot of interested buyers.

I intend to roll the money over into an FJ powered drag bike like Rod races.

What I need to know is; Are newer R6 and R1 wheels the same size?17"x6" or so in the rear?I need to find a good used set to get the slick on the back. I figured might as well put a matching front on.

I met Rod shortly after buying the Honda and he said he would have talked me out of it.They are fine till you start trying to up the horse power then they are not reliable at all.mine was also already a 1240 cc up from the stock 1100cc. 83,cb1100f.

Any bike running stock 190's will run a 6" rear. R6 I believe is only a 5.5 so 180...

Back