Shift Light

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicki66

Reaction score
Custom Shift Light

I have finished my custom shift light, along with help from Tom at Cycle One Off.
First off Tom made me a custom oil pressure gauge bracket, and I then decided to add on the shift light idea. He then made me a bracket that I came up with. He sent it to me and my idea didnt work. So I sent gauge and brackets to him and let him design it. I must say that Tom is a great person to deal with.
Here is how I did this project:

DSC00709.jpg

This isn't the exact light that I used, but you can get the idea. I used this light:http://www.customdynamics.com/indicator_led.htm

DSC00714.jpg

I used two part epoxy to seal the light into the pipe and fill the back side up

DSC00715.jpg

Finished light

DSC00831.jpg

I used a Harlan shift light and remove his light from the housing. I extended the wire so I could remotely mount the housing and have the light up on the dash. I had to buy some extra black caps to close off the housing. I have 98 of them left if anybody want to do this.

DSC00834.jpg

I found this spot in front of the air box. It wedges in there quite well. Wiring is close by and easy to do.

DSC00837.jpg

Here is the brackets made by Tom. He made the shift light bracket to adapt onto the oil pressure gauge. Very awesome work Tom.

DSC00836.jpg

Light installed

DSC00835.jpg

Another view

DSC00852.jpg

Everything tucked in under fly screen. Sorry for blurry pic.

Last edited:
i really like that setup man. good work. hey i spent a logn time trying to find those caps, still playing around with one fittin gon my setup. where did u get 'em and can i grab a few from ya?

Back