UFO 4/1 alternative canister

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
I am thinking about making another exhaust canister to be a bolt-on install in-place of the stock Dragstar 'bologna-cut' shorty muffler, or the megaphone Jon sells.

If you like the UFO 4/1 but would like to preserve your hearing and be able to 'let-'er-rip' in an urban environment without audibly-alerting every LEO (law-enforcement officer) within earshot, this is your ticket to 'stealth motoring.'

It would cost me nearly $200 to duplicate my "Franken-can(ister)" but if there is anyone who would want one, PM me and I'll do one.

I like the UFO roar, but I also like not having to worry about passing every cop I see.

The finish is not my forte, but they will be strong and durable. If you want to paint or coat the bracket, or use another mounting system, the one I did is strong and sturdy, not really pretty, but it's one more thing for an owner to customize.

The video was just-after doing the basic fabrication, and sounds a bit 'rattle-prone,' With everything tightened-up, that went-away. The bracket mounts to the OEM muffler point.

Attachments

• cans.03.JPG
    cans.03.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 27
  • cylinder fins right.jpg
    cylinder fins right.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 30
  • welding pipe.JPG
    welding pipe.JPG
    86.1 KB · Views: 22
Back