Crankcase Ventalation For Indv Filters

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lankeeyankee

Reaction score
Well here it is my $23.00 Crankcase Ventalation for the individual air filter setup. Hope this prevents any oil blowing to my battery box.

How close is this to Dyno jets Stage 7's kit?

Attachments

• Stage 7 Crankcase Vent Syst.jpg
    Stage 7 Crankcase Vent Syst.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 181
  • Stage 7 Crankcase Vent Syst II.jpg
    Stage 7 Crankcase Vent Syst II.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 144
Be sure to check the plastic tubing you have in these shots.

I originally used it on my carb sync tool and had to replace it because it collapses when it warms up. This will cause the line to fold on itself or just flatten out like a ribbon.

Rubber lines might be the better way to go.

Keep an eye on it.

Good effort though.

Where did you get the filler cap fitting?

Ok this might be a retarded question but : How does the oil get into the battery box ? I never even knew that it could !

Ok this might be a retarded question but : How does the oil get into the battery box ? I never even knew that it could !

My first try was using a breather filter cone shape. So all the blow by mist under high RPM was being blown back into the battery box area
The cone breather filter wasnt allowing enough air flow to vent properly hopefully that is why my oil looks mucky

Thanks for the comments I will keep an eye on them clear lines to the front carbs

Be sure to check the plastic tubing you have in these shots.

I originally used it on my carb sync tool and had to replace it because it collapses when it warms up. This will cause the line to fold on itself or just flatten out like a ribbon.

Rubber lines might be the better way to go.

Keep an eye on it.

Good effort though.

Where did you get the filler cap fitting?

I purchased all the parts at my local hardware store I dremeled the oil filler cap flush polished it out and drilled tapped it for the brass fitting I didnt glue the caps so I can see if I am getting any oil into the tank the caps fit pretty snug on the tank so we will see. Rain in the forecast for the next 2 days here in Mid TN:bang head:

Some more pics of it installed

Try this again

Attachments

• Carb Crank Vents.jpg
    Carb Crank Vents.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 164
  • Oil filler vent.jpg
    Oil filler vent.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 132
Last edited by a moderator:
Did you run the nipple from the vent tube way up into the bottle? Where did you find a fitting to go into the oil fill hole? I like how it turned out.

Some noob questions; the barbed connector that ends pointing down (when "tank" is installed) what is it's purpose? Is there a line that gets connected to it? How far does the barbed connector go into the "tank"?
I like the workmanship you put into this mod! NICE!

That barbed fitting hooks to the stock hose.It needs to go a high up into the bottle as possible to seperate the oli and fumes.The oil runs back down into the motor and the fumes get sucked back into the carbs.

This also is only for stage 7 carbs.

filters in a short time will get a film of oil restricting air flow also believe it will lose velocity into the carb...run those clear tubes to the ground..probably wont get one drop out of those tubes all year

filters in a short time will get a film of oil restricting air flow also believe it will lose velocity into the carb...run those clear tubes to the ground..probably wont get one drop out of those tubes all year
Won't the fumes and mist just continue into the intake(carbs) b/c the hoses are routed to the inside of the filters or to the carb through the stock hose? Isn't this system just in use under WOT where the crankcase has exess pressure; this handles the pressure and accompaning oil mist/ fumes?
Also, I'm not sure about dumping onto the ground in front of the back tire, sounds like too much fun and excitement for me! :hmmm:

Did you run the nipple from the vent tube way up into the bottle? Where did you find a fitting to go into the oil fill hole? I like how it turned out.

Yes the nipple for the hose is ran to the center of the tube. I also put an extension so its up a lil over half into the bottle. I didnt glue the caps so I can check to see how much oil if any will be blown in there hopefully none the rings are tight on this motor.

Ok here is how I designed it.

The tank is inclined so the front of the tank is up in the front.
The 2 barbs in the front of the tank are mounted high on the top to only suck fumes and vent. The fumes and mist are than pulled into the carbs which is than into the head out the exhaust just like the PCV valve on your car engine.
In the middle of the tank I mounted a fitting that the crankcase hose will connect to this also has a fitting on it to extend it up half way inside the tank so no oil will block it.
In the rear of the tank is a fitting flush inside the tank which any oil that goes into the tank will run down the steel braided hose back into the oil filler.

Hopefully this all will work.

Did I design this right?

Won't the fumes and mist just continue into the intake(carbs) b/c the hoses are routed to the inside of the filters or to the carb through the stock hose? Isn't this system just in use under WOT where the crankcase has exess pressure; this handles the pressure and accompaning oil mist/ fumes?
Also, I'm not sure about dumping onto the ground in front of the back tire, sounds like too much fun and excitement for me! :hmmm:

well if its only fumes being dumped into the carbs then its only fumes being pushed on the ground.....you put the lines off too the the side of the tire ...if you have that much oil to worry about your rear tire you have a serious problem with your breather system...is not rocket science..small amount of oil during a riding season..eather it seeps on your bike somewhere making a small mess .. or to the ground in the wind

well if its only fumes being dumped into the carbs then its only fumes being pushed on the ground.....you put the lines off too the the side of the tire ...if you have that much oil to worry about your rear tire you have a serious problem with your breather system...is not rocket science..small amount of oil during a riding season..eather it seeps on your bike somewhere making a small mess .. or to the ground in the wind

Thats the way It worked on the setup I looked at. NHRA tech wouldn't of passed it at SIR if it was a squirter.

Ok SS
I will have my oil mist and fumes goto a catch tank. You can run a tube down to the ground with your setup.
Imagine all the money and time that could be saved in the engineering dept of motorcycles and Auto manufactures if they just put the crankcase hose to the ground.
You are amazing you could save them millions with your idea wow its so simple your awesome!

Back