06 V-max, mufflers??

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

srx2002

Reaction score
Hi, newbie here.....I just bought an 06...love it!! I'm wondering if there's a Muffler ( not whole exhaust system ) that I can buy that will make it sound a little better and not have all that chrome there...would like to swap it for something a little less shiny.lol

I was looking at a Fokker Quad exhaust....I'm not sure if they would be a good choice since I'm a 3 week old Newbie...hahaha. Any suggestions on what Muffler or Slip on?? ( if it's the same meaning ) that I might wanna look into???

Tks

srx2002 said:
Hi, newbie here.....I just bought an 06...love it!! I'm wondering if there's a Muffler ( not whole exhaust system ) that I can buy that will make it sound a little better and not have all that chrome there...would like to swap it for something a little less shiny.lol

I was looking at a Fokker Quad exhaust....I'm not sure if they would be a good choice since I'm a 3 week old Newbie...hahaha. Any suggestions on what Muffler or Slip on?? ( if it's the same meaning ) that I might wanna look into???

Tks

I haven't heard of the Fokker, but I know Supertrap makes a slip on and I think Hindle and Kerker does to. If you want something with less chrome, the stock exhaust system off, I think, the late 90s and early 2000s was all black, including the cans (muffler).

Supertrapp makes black slipons or stainless.For $250 more you could get a full system.If you are wanting better sound I recommend saving till you can buy the whole thing.Trust me ,I went through the drilled stock,supertrapp then hmf thing myself. Everybody looks when they hear me coming,specially the harley guys.

Hi, Me again...I just checked into the supertrapp metric megaphone series......so my next questions are:

Does this Slip on sound better?
Does it make any HP?
are Jetting changes or Carb adjustments required?

thanks again

I was running 11 discs and open end caps in my traps when I had them.It did not require any jet changes.They do not make much more power.The sound never compared to my hmf's.
The problem with stock headers is the header diameter is too small.Look at the rear headers under the chrome covers.The diameter is very small,the front two are double wall to keep it from bluing.
If you want more power later you need larger headers.
Wildbros.com(Bill Warner)is selling them for $750.Trapps can be $450-$550 new.
Stage 7 or Morley's jet kit require a full exhaust for maximum gaines.
I still recommend waiting for a full system.

I have a set of Super Trap slip ons, they sound better
and are smaller and lighter. I bought mine used but I am saving for a full Dale Walker system.

That is what I am saying.There is nothing wrong with running supertrapps but it is usually only a stepping stone for those looking for a better sound and more power.I am suggesting going right to the full size header system.I wish that I would have.As soon as I heard a full system I had to have one.There was no comparison between my trapps and Pauls 4-1-2 hindle.Built smallblock chevy sound!
Right before I removed my motor to rebuild it I removed the supertrapps and started it up with only headers,Man what a sound!I had a woody for an hour.Now mine sounds similar to that.

shawn kloker said:
As soon as I heard a full system I had to have one.There was no comparison between my trapps and Pauls 4-1-2 hindle.Built smallblock chevy sound!

So far, I don't have any plans to change my Trapps for a full system. I really do like the sound with the open end caps. Then again, I haven't heard anyone's Max with Pauls full system either. The power issue isn't that big a deal for me. The current setup is quite fun and is nearly "tinker" free. I don't really have the knowledge to be fiddling with a stage 7. Having a second bike that is already faster than the Max makes riding a bike with more power just a change of keys away...

Back