09 Vmax Purchasers read this!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry, but the "you don't like it because you can't afford it" argument is the stupidest, lamest defense of the 09 VMax that I have seen circulating all over the Yahoo lists. Those that hold on to that defense are closed minded to those that point out what they don't like about the bike. There is a thing called "value for your money". Is any bike worth $17 or 18k out the door? Guys drop a bundle on the Hammer (which I don't know how you can classify that bike in the same class as the VMax) because they want a "status" bike. If you buy a new VMax as a status bike, then fine, but those that defend the price because it is the "best bike for the money" are off base. ... IMO.

The question really is compared to what?

A B-King runs about $13,000 stone stock.

A V-Rod Muscle and Night Rod Special are $17,000.

The forces of the market economy will settle if it is overpriced or not. Yamaha has excellent marketing people and they are good at maximizing what the market will bear for their bikes.

This first year limited edition by reservation only marketing worked with the FJR 1300 and it seems to have worked with the V-Max in a year with horrible economic conditions. It will be interesting to see how it fares in 2009.

The vmax is no longer a meat and potates bike like the BKing... its a halo product (as we say in marketing)... its intended to convey an image about the company and its products... Price isnt an issue. Sales volumes are not relavant (within reason)... they have already stated they will build it in limited numbers.

This is the same reason Ducati built the Desmocedici... you get the picture.

The vmax is no longer a meat and potates bike like the BKing... its a halo product (as we say in marketing)... its intended to convey an image about the company and its products... Price isnt an issue. Sales volumes are not relavant (within reason)... they have already stated they will build it in limited numbers.

This is the same reason Ducati built the Desmocedici... you get the picture.

Well said! I noticed all the posts regarding the "lack of value" concerning the 2nd Gen Max were made by folks that have yet to ride it. All the posts by folks that have ridden the new Max love it and think it's money well spent. So who do you believe? Give me real world experience! Glad I got one on the way!

I have no regrets ordering mine and can't wait to get it in hopefully next month. I've said it many times over, there's always going to be someone that bitches about a bike they don't own. Some Maxer's will bitch about the B-King or Busa, some Rod owners will bitch about the King, Busa, and Max. Pretty much all HD owners will bitch if it's not a HD or if it's a Rod!:biglaugh:

A motorcycle is a motorcycle whether it's overpriced and worthless or not. It's what really matters to the owner that counts - don't bitch about the competition cuz you might just get your feelings hurt.

Let me say that I HAVE it now and worth every penny! Put about 300 miles so far and it's the most fun I've had on a motorcycle in 45 years of riding. Try it you'll like it!

I agree that most really do enjoy and have no regrets with their new Max. I can also guarantee you that some that are not completely happy with it will suffer from post purchase rationalization just to save face for spending that kind of money. I probably would just to make myself feel better if nothing else LOL. :shot:

I agree that most really do enjoy and have no regrets with their new Max. I can also guarantee you that some that are not completely happy with it will suffer from post purchase rationalization just to save face for spending that kind of money. I probably would just to make myself feel better if nothing else LOL. :shot:

Of course I can't speak for everyone that has purchased the new "Maximum", but for me their is no " post purchase rationalization". I have two other bikes so this is the last thing I "needed" but it is a bike that I "wanted"; in spite of tough economics since I put the deposit down, still glad I did it! As they say, "don't knock it till you try it"! If I was disappointed I would have put it on the block by now!

Of course I can't speak for everyone that has purchased the new "Maximum", but for me their is no " post purchase rationalization". I have two other bikes so this is the last thing I "needed" but it is a bike that I "wanted"; in spite of tough economics since I put the deposit down, still glad I did it! As they say, "don't knock it till you try it"! If I was disappointed I would have put it on the block by now!

Good on ya. Glad you like it and ..um..I'm not knocking anything; just making a generalized statement bud.

I don't even have the bike yet and I'm glad I ordered it and know I won't have any regrets.

Good on ya. Glad you like it and ..um..I'm not knocking anything; just making a generalized statement bud.

I know you're not. Did not mean it that way, I was only stating this from my perspective. You are correct, see it every day, people buy something that disappoints and then try to justify the purchase. Been their done that, but I always find a way to get rid of the former object of my adoration. Fastmax1, you will NOT be sorry on this one!:punk:

It's cool...have fun with it man. One day I will test drive one too and I hope like hell that I don't like it. For my wallets sake at least.:rofl_200:

New member posting a short reply.I feel yamaha does a lot of rnd work and we probably didnot get everything that this bike was capable of.I bought a cruiser with performance and attitude,received mine today number 066 and I`m looking forward to twisting the throttle.

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

Did I stumble onto a Harley forum and someone just paid $12000.00 a new 883 Sportster or what???:ummm:

Sheesh......leave the fighting where it belongs in the bar room....:biglaugh:

I honestly do not know how anyone can bust on anyone else for the bike they own/buy/ lust after......at least it's a bike and not a Yugo:clapping:

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!

Did I stumble onto a Harley forum and someone just paid $12000.00 a new 883 Sportster or what???:ummm:

Sheesh......leave the fighting where it belongs in the bar room....:biglaugh:

I honestly do not know how anyone can bust on anyone else for the bike they own/buy/ lust after......at least it's a bike and not a Yugo:clapping:

I had an 883 for 3 months. It was as inspiring as a moped. Then I got a mint 83 V-65 Magna to replace it for $1000. (in 1991)

I could have spent 20 grand on other things but when i saw apic of the 09 max in september i was taken by the look and image of the bike and when i read about all the technology i had to have it Im 36 so i have no time to screw around with the this or the that.174 hp at the wheel? operating hand polished scoops,organic display, tach light,ycci,ycct ceramic coated cylinders gear driven exhaust valves.all that technology in a cruiser?Right On!!! Sock it to me.I did every thing i could do to raise the cash beg,borrow and steal and when my bike came i still had to get my dealer down another 500.00 i was still short but on one glorious friday i made up the shortfall and became part of the club.No regrets.Its worth every penny to me

Back