• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

18" X 5-1/2" rear wheel

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Fresh from the machinist. $1200 plus paypal fees and shipping. Stock shaft drive hub on a new rim. This will give you very-close to the height of a stock wheel/tire combo, even w/a low-profile radial. Add a front radial on your stock wheel to change your handling dynamically!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 194
That's a pretty neat rim, you have a better pic or two?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes it's not cleaned or show-quality polished in that shot, I'll get some other pics up ASAP, Mon. at the latest. For some reason when I try to upload from my ipad, if I try to do more than 1 a post, it won't accept them, even if I post, exit, and return to try 'edit' to load another pic, again.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 104
That looks like a heavy rim!

It's 27.5 lbs as you see it, no brake disc mounted. The web is 3/4". It has a smoothly-radiused shape to the wheel 'shoulder,' the rim outside. It has a traditional shoulder for the tire bead. The relief holes can be bigger or a different shape, I chose to make it in the style of a Halibrand magnesium wheel which was very popular on Indy cars. Removing material costs time, time is $ to the machinist, how-ornate or light do you care to go?

The pics are shot w/an Olympus 12 mp camera so you should be able to enlarge them if you wish.

They still have the protective coating they put on the wheel disc, polish the completed wheel to your heart's content, powdercoat it, or however you wish to finish it.

The width between the beads is 5-1/2" but there's a parallax error in the picture. We see in 3-D, the camera doesn't.

That looks like a heavy rim!

Attachments

• 18 X 5.5 inch wheel 004.jpg
    18 X 5.5 inch wheel 004.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 129
  • 18 X 5.5 inch wheel 002.jpg
    18 X 5.5 inch wheel 002.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 122
  • 18 X 5.5 inch wheel 003.jpg
    18 X 5.5 inch wheel 003.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 115
That's a pretty nice rim! More pics definitely help to look at. If you don't mind me asking, what's that rim run for$

Ah, please note, I re read the first post and seen rim cost.

Back