1st gear deceleration shudder/shimmy

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullseye092

Reaction score
Troubleshooting question. I just took my 2009 1700 out for a ride, I ran it up to 7-8000 RPM in first gear, and then let off of the gas and got kind of a shudder and shimmy on deceleration. This was repeatable. I didn't get this in any other gear. Feels perfectly normal on acceleration in all gears and deceleration in 2-5 even from higher RPM. The only thing different from the last time I rode the bike a couple weeks ago is I have put stabilizer in the gas for the winter. Tires appear to be just fine, new rear tire with less than 1000 miles on it, I see nothing leaking, Everything seems fine, Aside from that..... suggestions?

If tires and tire pressures are fine and the only difference is fuel stabilizer, the only thing I would suggest is run the tank out, fill up fresh fuel and give it a go.

Troubleshooting question. I just took my 2009 1700 out for a ride, I ran it up to 7-8000 RPM in first gear, and then let off of the gas and got kind of a shudder and shimmy on deceleration. This was repeatable. I didn't get this in any other gear. Feels perfectly normal on acceleration in all gears and deceleration in 2-5 even from higher RPM. The only thing different from the last time I rode the bike a couple weeks ago is I have put stabilizer in the gas for the winter. Tires appear to be just fine, new rear tire with less than 1000 miles on it, I see nothing leaking, Everything seems fine, Aside from that..... suggestions?
TORQUE...

this Engine is the closest thing to a small block Chevy V8, First gear is just for Dragging, for sure not slowing down with out clutch fethering

Back