• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

2002 Yamaha VMax with only 2,400 miles from a museum

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, very clean as you would expect. The price doesn't sound out of line, given the mileage and the shape it's apparently in.

If I'm reading that registration sticker right, it's been sitting longer than that. That was for the 2002 - 2003 year. So if he parked it right after that it's been sitting for nigh on 20 years. The big 7 is the month it expired and down below you can see the 2002 - 2003 date range.

What a good looking bike. Definitely worth it if you want a new Gen 1 Vmax, because that's as close as you're ever going to get.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/4851833981537073/
Not my bike, but if you are looking for a clean VMax, this is one to look at. Was stored in a museum for 15 years and has only 2,400 miles on it. Looks brand new.
All things consider, age, parts availability, etc.,,I would take that money and put a down payment on a 2022 MT-10. Hopefully someday Yama will reintroduce a new Max that is lighter and around 1300 CC V-4 and better Tech. :)

Love a stock VMax , however , I have ridden more than a few , and they have lots of limitations. Frame flexibility , bias ply tires , brakes and shocks from another era , seat from a torture chamber , uncomfortable foot peg positions , etc. I understand a low mileage stock '85 might be worth more than my modded '90 or '98 , but I believe in power with safety and comfort in mind. I didn't buy my Maxxes thinking about what they would be worth someday.

Attachments

• Rollies '90 Antique Collectible.JPG
    Rollies '90 Antique Collectible.JPG
    238.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Rollie's VMax '98 At The Mansion.jpg
    Rollie's VMax '98 At The Mansion.jpg
    328.8 KB · Views: 24
Back