2009 Gen 2 is this a deal?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

navydive

Reaction score
Found a 2009 Gen 2 with 7k miles for 13K. I have looked high and low for this bike and havent seen one. Scared it might not last for long. What are your thoughts? Diamond Motor Sports. Dover, DE

I just sold my 97 gen 1, and i am jonesing to get another one. Hope this pans out.

Thanks guys.

Found a 2009 Gen 2 with 7k miles for 13K. I have looked high and low for this bike and havent seen one. Scared it might not last for long. What are your thoughts? Diamond Motor Sports. Dover, DE

I just sold my 97 gen 1, and i am jonesing to get another one. Hope this pans out.

Thanks guys.

That's a fair price if it very nice.......but not the very best deal I've seen. Is it stock or does it have some nice add ons? Accessories are expensive for the bike so if it already has some stuff done that is to your advantage, as long as you like the mods. Although there is no evidence these bikes break....an extended warranty is always nice to have as well.

You can get a lot of answers to questions here: http://www.starvmax.com

Someone there might even know the bike you are looking at.......there are also 1 or 2 for sale on the forum.

-Mark-

That's a fair price if it very nice.......but not the very best deal I've seen. Is it stock or does it have some nice add ons? Accessories are expensive for the bike so if it already has some stuff done that is to your advantage, as long as you like the mods. Although there is no evidence these bikes break....an extended warranty is always nice to have as well.

You can get a lot of answers to questions here: http://www.starvmax.com

Someone there might even know the bike you are looking at.......there are also 1 or 2 for sale on the forum.

-Mark-

X2... whether $13K is a "fair price" or not depends on what, if anything, has been added/modded on the bike (and overall condition, of course). I paid less than that for my stock '09 a year ago with less than 2k miles on it (which I feel was a reasonably good deal) and I've easily spent another $1500 on accessories (they add up FAST). The only down side to the purchase was that I had to drive over 1000 miles round trip to pick it up.

At that price I would expect to see some decent add-ons and I wouldn't be too concerned about missing out on a great buy. Take your time (I spent six months looking for mine), stick to whatever your budget is and don't be afraid to look at anything less than a days driving distance (round trip) to find the right bike at the right price. U-haul rents motorcycle trailers for $15/day if you need to make a long drive like I did.

X2 on making sure the recall has already been done too. I had the previous owner take it in to have it done before I agreed to the purchase because I trusted his dealer more than I trusted mine... not to mention that if they screwed it up I wouldn't have to deal with it. If there is a problem after the recall it seems that it occurs within the next 100 miles or less and it has been an improper install by the dealer tech that have caused all the problems.

Scott

I bet if you hold out a couple of months you could get one way cheaper because of winter.

Man you guys are killing me! I just dont see these bikes very often. I went ahead and pulled the trigger, because the dealer said everybody and there brother was looking at it, and i was worried i wouldnt see one below blue book (3500) again. They said the oil recall had been done. I dont know of any other recall???
I really have no clue what mods to put on it other than a small fairing and eventually different pipes. Although im not sure which ones to get. Im not a wrencher, so Im leery about doing it myself. ALso, i see all these dffernet type of computer re=flashes, which i assume is specific to the type of pipes. can anyone recommend some mods as well as how to pick the pipes and re=flashes.

Thanks for your patience with a rookie, and a brand=new gen 2 owner. Im giggling like a 12 yr old girl at a justin bieber concert just thinking about grabbing that throttle for the first time!!!

There's a nice 09 for $11,500 with low miles in the Maine Craigslist. Looks to be all stock.

Extended yamaha warranty

Is it worth it to get one of these? i can get a 2yr Manufacturers warranty for 680? Im wondering if i need it and if its even worth it?

Appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Pat

Re: Extended yamaha warranty

Is it worth it to get one of these? i can get a 2yr Manufacturers warranty for 680? Im wondering if i need it and if its even worth it?

Appreciate your input.

Thanks,

Pat

The price sounds very high....4 years of coverage was going for less than that when I bought my bike.

These bikes are not prone to break, and take a lot of abuse. I know very few who have had to have any warranty work. The last guy that did has over 60,000 mile on his bike and has rode it like he stole it from day 1.....and his repair was not serious.

I WOULD be concerned as to whether or not the oil pump recall has been done correctly. There have several engines ruined because the replacement pumps were put in wrong. I would ask for a guarantee IN WRITING that they will stand behind recall work if they have done it. If they won't do that, run away. If the bike has say several hundred miles on it or so since the recall, and it's still running fine, you can assume it was done right. If it's just been done and not ridden.....you have reason to worry.

Not trying to make you nervous......better to be safe than sorry though.

You bought an awesome motorcycle! Nothing but miles of smiles ahead of you! Congratulations and good luck with the new beast!

-Mark-

The only extended warranty I would buy is Yamaha's. I just don't trust aftermarket warranties.

Latest posts

Back